Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the bank yesterday dumping some halves and atalking with the teller who had to swap out the bags. He was telling me about an account holder who used to play poker to win money and had switched to CRH. He routinely does $8,000 a week of halves and then dumps them at their bank (he gets them at another bank). It takes over an hour to dump 8,000+ coins with multiple bag cahnges. I am amazed that they allow it.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bank is going to quash that real quick.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was doing a search on banks with counters, not content with the 10 banks I have with coin counters and 5 banks that take boxes of coins and then credit your account a day or so later.

Found Rockland Trust they have about 35 branches with counters within 30 miles of here, 14 within 15 miles of here, I will open an account tomorrow or Thursday!

That will give me 24 banks within 15 miles with free coin counters, I can really spread it out!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all generally good advice. However, we don't set the rules. Don't let US tell you how much coin your bank is willing to take from you. Over time you can develop some really great relationships with bank employees. Once that happens, anything is possible.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from one of my banks that I have ordered halves in the past, once 2 months ago and once a year ago. They gave me a bit of a hard time about ordering them, they said it costs them ALOT of money to order coins and they hope I am not planning to make this a habit. The head teller has always looked like she eats prunes. Luckily I have 5 other banks that will order them (for now)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions