$8K Bummer

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Took a trip with my wife to the mom-in-laws last weekend. My wife has bought boxes from her mothers bank twice and both were loaded with over 50 keepers each. the bank was nice enough to order 16 boxes for us and we picked them up Thursday. My pickup was sagging from the weight - I was really stoked!

My hope began to fade when I started end checking and only came up with 2 -40% showing out of the 800 rolls.

The mountain of halves produced 7 - 90%, 13 - 40% and 30 bloody fingers!
That is a keeper rate of only .00125. 10 of the boxes were pure skunks...

I think I'm in the seat behind Thurmo on the roller coaster.
I don't care to see another JFK for a while (uh, at least not 'til tomorrow).

Oh well. ;D

Upvote 0

soldierman

May 18, 2006
That pure sucks for 16 boxes worth. Hope the next two boxes are cram packed full of keepers for ya Tim!

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
TXTim said:
Took a trip with my wife to the mom-in-laws last weekend. My wife has bought boxes from her mothers bank twice and both were loaded with over 50 keepers each. the bank was nice enough to order 16 boxes for us and we picked them up Thursday. My pickup was sagging from the weight - I was really stoked!

My hope began to fade when I started end checking and only came up with 2 -40% showing out of the 800 rolls.

The mountain of halves produced 7 - 90%, 13 - 40% and 30 bloody fingers!

Oh well. ;D

Holy cow Tim, bummer is putting it mildly. I love the good attitude, once an addict always an addict ;). Don't puke on the back of Thurmo's head, that just wouldn't be good :P Keep the faith...Ryan

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn Tim. That really bites!! I am sorry to hear about this.

From the past posts/results on the boxes you got from there, I sure thought they were going to really produce. I would have loaded up too....just like you did. But like we have always said...you never know until you try. At least you gave it the effort.

I hope your next ones are loaded Tim!!

Also...it's good to see you still smiling after that too.....but you are like Mike when it comes to attitude. Hats off to you on keeping a great attitude. Best of luck on the next one Tim.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I agree with the others, you've got the right spirit. In my experience multiple boxes (getting six boxes of whatever as opposed to just one) means I just get 6 x whatever the find rate would be of that one box, so I either get 6 x the glory or 6 x the skunk. If you keep ordering 16 boxes before you know it you'll be hauling it in like Old Red or LJ.

Plus by keeping $8,000 around just for CRH'ing, you deserve it, right?!

-Brian

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain Tim, though I do applaud your approach. That's one heck of a lot of JFK's in one search.

On my end, Box # 218 only gave up a 76 (CuNi) proof and Box #219 was a skunk.

It's only a roller coaster if you sometimes go up; right ?

I'm waiting. At least four more boxes to pick up this week. 8)

When dumping some rejects before picking up the aforementioned boxes, I did get (from the coin counter's reject bucket) a 1987 20 cent piece from Singapore and a 1992 20 sen piece from Malaysia.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
TXTim said:

Oh well. ;D
LOL TxTim... that's dedication.
Keep up the good work.... and HH.
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread