9 box skunk....but 1 was my....

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dream Box ! Hey everyone....The past 3 week have not been very good for crhing for me. I had only scored about 6oz. in the past 3 weeks and that would have been a bust but got lucky and got ahold of a nice half dollar bag. I normally only do about 10-14 boxes a week. This week I picked up my 10 boxes and #2 was a very nice box....I got the following out of one box. My best box before this was 18 silvers. It was a lot of fun to open those rolls...one roll had 4 silvers in it. (pic) It's one of those boxes that you just don't want to see come to an end.:tongue3:Just wanted to share some pics with you all. Good Luck hunting this week !

1918 Walker-1
64-3
65-1
66-8
67-8
68-9
69-5

35 total
6.0315 ounces

4silver-1.jpg 35silver-1.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow nice job... what is weird, i once had a half dollar box with 4 silvers in it, all 4 were in the same roll...
hh
buff

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forum! That is a great box but not a "dream" :-) 100 keepers of any combination is the "dream spec" , used to be 100x90% in the good ole days.....don't think anyone has found one of those in the 15 months I've been posting here?? I recall Cards n Coins had a 13 solid roll score of 1964's , which was amazing! There have been some pretty amazing boxes but the majority were 40%.....which are still sweet to the ears!

All in all a fantastic box though and that is what makes CRHing exciting, you can have skunk after skunk and then BAM.....OH YA in the ounces!!

Keep up the good work!

Bigheed

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I think the criteria for a "dream box" has changed nowadays with all the culling going on.I agree that this isn't a dream box, but for my own personal stats, I consider 50+ a dream box. I have only had the fortune of hitting one 50+ box. Very nice box btw op.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally consider 3 in a box "a dream box". You ONLY search 10-14 boxes a week?
My personal best was a 4-box-in-a-week search.
Congrats, looks like you got the cheese!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, Big Fat!
Where did u get the name from?

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you get your boxes? I asked at my credit union and they were reluctant.

buddy16cat

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you get your boxes? I asked at my credit union and they were reluctant.
Credit unions are always reluctant since they pay per box. If you want rolls and boxes on a regular basis, try a bigger bank. I ordered two boxes from a credit union and they told me that the 2nd was the last box they can order for me. I also didn't realize though that the local credit union didn't require a membership to use it. I don't want to use it though since I got someone to pick me up more rolls who was going in to talk about their retirement account. The one teller said "we had this guy here that got rolls and searched through them than dumped them into the coin machine, he must have a lot of time on his hands". She was talking about me of course so I don't go in there.

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit unions are always reluctant since they pay per box. If you want rolls and boxes on a regular basis, try a bigger bank.

Credit "unions" are depositor institutions and are just as able to order coin as any other bank. Their willingness varies though. Customer service suffers greatly in the credit unions I have experience with. I was turned down by a local CU and then withdrew $30K in deposits to transfer to another another bank, they did not care.

OP
OP
Big Fat Cheeseball

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the welcome and the congrats. Being the newbie to the site and only been crhing for several months, some of the terminology and specifics are new to me. I'm trying to familiarize myself with it all. I termed the box "my dream box" because that is what it was to me. It was the best box in the short time I have been crhing. I guess I need to not use the term so loosely.Lol
baddbluff - The name is just a "cheesy" name I came up with.Lol!

Good Luck to all with this weeks hunt !

Big Fat

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
A general norm for a dream box nowadays is 50+ keepers, but a dream box is what you want it to be. If you are on a big skunk streak, 1 keeper might be a dream box for you, for others it may be 100 keepers until they call it a dream box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread