What strange things are found in rolls?

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The last few months I have been searching hundreds of CWR's of cents, nickels, dimes and quarters. It's always fun to find dimes in with the cents. Last week, out of $100 I found 16 dimes. They always make up for shortages. The same week a dime roll had a small piece of plastic in the place of 4 dimes. It was also strange that someone forced a nickel in the cent roll. I'm missing something. I just finished this weeks cents and dimes. One of the dimes had a nut (for a bolt) instead of 6 dimes. Strangest was a TUMS in with the cents. Lost 6 cents there. Let's hear what else is being found.

Upvote 0

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a school penny in a nickel roll once. And a grape stuck on a different nickel. I know there's coins I try not touching. I've thrown back a 1941 nickel because it was really dirty and smelled. I also had a buffalo that was gridded down i threw back. But no plastic just pieces of crayon mashed.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a piece of wood in my dime roll, took up 23 dimes... of course it couldn't be a short piece!
several buttons including one box containing 3 button enders... box produced 15 or so buttons usually taking up the space of 2-3 pennies due to the curve in them.
plastic play half dollars, i've gotten 2, one recently.
tons and tons of foreign coins
the list can go on and on...

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Namco Token, Washers, dimes in nickel rolls, dimes in penny rolls, pennys in nickel rolls, foreigns, penny in a dime roll short a half in a half roll, goes on..

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive had two pennies in half rolls these past few weeks. -49 cents ahhhh

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not was in a roll but at a td bank at a penny arcade i was waiting and some guy dumped his coins in the counter and he had condoms in the change it pluged the counter up. His girl friend was not happy standing there. It was to funny. I find funny money all the time in the rolls..

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thin wafer battery and a meticulously cut down cent in a dime roll. Not unusual to find a cent stuffed in a dime roll but I was amazed someone took the effort to cut down the cent to make 9 cent profit.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nickel in a penny roll once... How does that happen? Lol. It was a CWR obviously. There were 46 pennies in that roll so I made a cent

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
I found a mwr of pennies that just had a penny setting in the space where you can see the face of the coin.It wasnt wedged in or anything.It just fell right out when I turned the roll upside down.

ecaidies

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an overstuffed roll of nickels that had 50 extra cents in it. A quarter shoved into a nickel roll. Finding dimes in rolls of Pennies. And a five cent fun money coin
funmoney1.jpg funmoney2.jpg

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
A computer chip in a dime roll, a plastic dime which stated copy on it in a dime roll, and many nickles in quarter rolls of customer rolled coin. Cheaters, GRRRRR> A cut down cent also as stated by mercury 1. Someone had a lot of time on their hands for that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread