9 CWRs yield 34 silver - with a twist!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
8 CWR's yield 34 silver - with a twist!

Got up late Saturday, and only had time to hit one dump bank. Stopped by a couple of banks that were open past 12 to ask for rolls, and ended up with a mixed bag of customer wrapped rolls. At one of the banks, I got $10 worth of nickels, and I noticed that 3 of the wrappers were beige colored, rather than blue; never seen them before.

Didn't have time to open them until Sunday, and what do you know, every nickel in the first beige wrapper was dated 1958 or earlier. EVERY COIN! There was a smattering of both war nickels and buffalos, and the rest of the coins were in about uncirculated condition!

:o

Opened the other rolls, and same deal with the other two beige wrappers, except one of them had a penny stuck in the middle of the nickels. I couldn't believe my eyes, but it was a 1943 cent!!!

:o:o:o

Out of those rolls, I ended up with 22 war nicks, 8 buffs, and the '43 cent! I actually went into work late today, stopping by the branch to see if they had any more of the beige nickel wrappers. It turned out that they had 5 more. I took them all, as well as another $40 in blue wrappers for good measure. Ended up yielding another 12 war nicks and one more buffalo.

Alas, no luck with any of the other denominations, but this is still a great score! I found more silver nickels in this batch - nearly 2 ounces - than either of the last two years!!!

:hello2:

I kept the wrappers, and will try to post a pic when I get a chance.

Good Luck and HH!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey FT, Awesome, just awesome! HH, Maverick

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice! those puppies are tough to find. I've only ever scored real good on one nickel roll that had 9 war nicks in it. a nickel collection dump is cool, but finding actual old rolls is even cooler!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions