Deposit slip(s)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate when tellers ask "do you have a deposit slip?". Pieces of work tellers..... you have a dang deposit slip sitting right behind your little tella fence. and for crying out loud, "fill out your account information." More like, how about you just get on with the deposit and stop wasting my time. You fill out the account information, I'll know if YOU as a teller made a mistake when you give me the receipt. One of these days, if the tella really makes me mad, I'm going to wright an extra 0 on the deposit slip. who knows if they are dumb enough to ask all these unnecessaries, well, I think they be dumb enough to enter an extra zero into the system. and what if they did come after you? just say you felt under pressure, and the teller made you get a slip, and you have bad hand writing, so you didn't know what you were doing.

For real though, these deposit slips are messed up, a real deal killer at many banks. I just closed my account at citizens bank today, they asked why, I said (along the lines of), "well this one time I was at this very branch, and the teller, made me turn around, walk 15 feet to a small island with a bunch of useless pamphlets that had a small pad of deposit slips. After getting the deposit slip, I had to wait 2 minutes for her to find a pen, and she couldn't find one, and I had to go back to the island to grab another pen. Then waste 1 minute filling it out. This is unacceptable, I won't have a bank that belittles me by meaningless deposit slips." It was one of those account people who sit at chairs in larger banks, and don't do much but open new accounts, he was pretty shocked when I told this to his face.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You caused yourself the hassle. You were at the island, where there was a pen,yet didn't fill out the slip there. Us older folks have filled deposit slips our whole life. Quit being lazy about it. It's not the teller's job to fill it out. Your age is showing!
HH
enamel7

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Hey 50cent - why should I have to wait in line while YOU (or in your ideal case - the teller) fill out a deposit slip? You knew when you went into the back - you would need a deposit slip IF you were depositing money, etc. Sorry you cancelled your bank account - but, IMHO - you didn't teach anyone a lesson - they probably could care less about losing one customer. Anyway - that is my opinion and we all know what that is worth!
killingme.gif

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Filling out a deposit slip BEFORE you get to the window is standard practice. I can't stand when there are people in front of me in line that don't have their act together before they get to the teller. That's as bad as the people that want to know their balance and then the details of their last 15 transactions and then "Oh, well what was that transaction for" etc, etc.
I actually feel bad when I don't have a deposit slip filled out and I get to the teller and they do it for me. My problem is that I have a hard time keeping straight which branches make me do a deposit and withdrawal slips for pickups even though I have the cash. Different branches of the same bank have different procedures and I always forget which is which. I'm sure it makes the branches think I'm an idiot. Some branches just take the cash, some take the cash and an account number, and others require the cash + a deposit and withdrawal slip so that the transaction goes through my acccount.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't remember the last time I've been asked to fill out a deposit slip, I know it's been years.

What irks me is, when I make a withdrawal, and I'm not asked for a withdrawal slip, or even ID. Especially with a new teller.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some banks are still ridiculous when it comes to policy with things like this. I can go to the ATM and just drop a check in and it will go into my account, but they need my ADDRESS on the deposit form? I've got an account. My info's in there. Just verify my payment, match it to my identity, and put it in the account. It's not a $50,000 check.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am fine with using deposit and withdrawal slips, but what I hate (and I know of at least a major regional banking institution in my area that does this) is when I have rolls of coin to cash (to cash mind you, NOT deposit) I have to fill out a damn deposit AND withdrawal slip. Seriously, that's a waste of paper. Most of the time, the tellers just pull up my info on their computer, type it in there, and let me go about my way, cash in hand.

There are a few difficult ones that give me the business. And I just give it to them right back because I don't fill out the forms.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
You caused yourself the hassle. You were at the island, where there was a pen,yet didn't fill out the slip there. Us older folks have filled deposit slips our whole life. Quit being lazy about it. It's not the teller's job to fill it out. Your age is showing!
HH
enamel7
More like your lack of money is showing.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate when tellers ask "do you have a deposit slip?". Pieces of work tellers..... you have a dang deposit slip sitting right behind your little tella fence. and for crying out loud, "fill out your account information." More like, how about you just get on with the deposit and stop wasting my time. You fill out the account information, I'll know if YOU as a teller made a mistake when you give me the receipt. One of these days, if the tella really makes me mad, I'm going to wright an extra 0 on the deposit slip. who knows if they are dumb enough to ask all these unnecessaries, well, I think they be dumb enough to enter an extra zero into the system. and what if they did come after you? just say you felt under pressure, and the teller made you get a slip, and you have bad hand writing, so you didn't know what you were doing.

For real though, these deposit slips are messed up, a real deal killer at many banks. I just closed my account at citizens bank today, they asked why, I said (along the lines of), "well this one time I was at this very branch, and the teller, made me turn around, walk 15 feet to a small island with a bunch of useless pamphlets that had a small pad of deposit slips. After getting the deposit slip, I had to wait 2 minutes for her to find a pen, and she couldn't find one, and I had to go back to the island to grab another pen. Then waste 1 minute filling it out. This is unacceptable, I won't have a bank that belittles me by meaningless deposit slips." It was one of those account people who sit at chairs in larger banks, and don't do much but open new accounts, he was pretty shocked when I told this to his face.

I'm whicha homie, these darn tellers are showing their age and being lazy. Time to make them work or they lose their job simple as that.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
THey could shred the deposit slips after every transaction. There is no need whatsoever for a slip. It's a feel good exercise and a waste of time.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This forum has been full of entitled posts lately.......these are people trying to make a living they're not your servants!!!

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Filling out a deposit slip BEFORE you get to the window is standard practice. I can't stand when there are people in front of me in line that don't have their act together before they get to the teller. That's as bad as the people that want to know their balance and then the details of their last 15 transactions and then "Oh, well what was that transaction for" etc, etc.
I actually feel bad when I don't have a deposit slip filled out and I get to the teller and they do it for me. My problem is that I have a hard time keeping straight which branches make me do a deposit and withdrawal slips for pickups even though I have the cash. Different branches of the same bank have different procedures and I always forget which is which. I'm sure it makes the branches think I'm an idiot. Some branches just take the cash, some take the cash and an account number, and others require the cash + a deposit and withdrawal slip so that the transaction goes through my acccount.

Almost every single branch I visit knows me by name. Since they know me so well, they forgo the use of deposit slips. Simply hand them the debit card/ID card/account number and that's all the more information required to make a deposit at 99% of the CUs/Banks I go to.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH
enamel7

Or another way of looking at it is...The teller caused the customer the hassle. The teller was at the counter, where there probably was a pen, yet didn't want to fill out the slip. The teller could quit being lazy about filling the slip out, because it IS their job to fill it out, and a courtesy to have it pre-filled out by the customer.

The teller is there to work, you know its work because they have to pay you to do it. When it boils down to it, the teller IS paid to do their job (handle the transaction), and the customer is there to do business to fund that job. Or if you want some old folks mentality ... The Customer Is Always Right!!

The teller could have just grabbed a deposit slip in front of them, got a pen real quick, accomplished their job and made a customer happy rather than being a self entitled, lazy, power tripping waste of an employee that is driving off business. More old folks knowledge ... A happy customer will tell some people, an angry one will tell everybody!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or another way of looking at it is...The teller caused the customer the hassle. The teller was at the counter, where there probably was a pen, yet didn't want to fill out the slip. The teller could quit being lazy about filling the slip out, because it IS their job to fill it out, and a courtesy to have it pre-filled out by the customer.

The teller is there to work, you know its work because they have to pay you to do it. When it boils down to it, the teller IS paid to do their job (handle the transaction), and the customer is there to do business to fund that job. Or if you want some old folks mentality ... The Customer Is Always Right!!

The teller could have just grabbed a deposit slip in front of them, got a pen real quick, accomplished their job and made a customer happy rather than being a self entitled, lazy, power tripping waste of an employee that is driving off business. More old folks knowledge ... A happy customer will tell some people, an angry one will tell everybody!

I still don't agree. getting paid doesn't mean you have to be everyone's b#$#h. If a customer is causing the tellers extra work they have a right to tell them the correct procedure.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is just your assumption it is the teller's job to fill it out. Where did you get this info? It is the teller's responsibility to complete the transaction once all documents are completed. From the beginning of banking transactions it has been this way. Yet I here it is the TELLER that is lazy. Come on people, this entitlement attitude has got to stop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread