9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

Hello Again Everyone!!

Lately, there seems to be all kinds of excitement on all the detecting forums with the release of White's newest machine. If someone wants to spend $2000 on a new machine with all kinds of neat oscilloscope like displays, color screens, wireless headphones, then by all means buy one. For me, none of that will make a difference. Performance would be my #1 decision for purchasing a new machine. Can the machine do a better job at what I'm trying to find than my current machine can? I don't believe in changing what "ain't broke" or adding a new machine to my arsenal just for the fun of it. ;D If you know your current machine very well, and use it to its fullest, you will out hunt most detectorists who constantly change their machines every time a new model comes out. :thumbsup:

Yesterday was another "killer silver" day for me at my favorite park of all time, the "Silver Park". Just when I thought the pickins would be getting real slim there, my finds made me eat my own words. :tongue1: My two good detecting buddies, Bob and Mike, met me at the park yesterday morning. My decision of where to meet and then detect in the park was the key to my success. No more than 100 ft in the turf from where I parked my car was a 50' x 50' area that I stayed in most of the day. At this spot, I ended up finding 8 more silver coins, 1 silver ring, 9 wheats, around 20 quarters, and a small pile of '60's-70's clad coinage. Some of the silver coins were shallow (lots of gopher action), while others were down to 9". It was a lot of fun. The "silver park" keeps surprising me. Since last Monday, I have removed 19 silver coins from the park. I think the park was giving me a last "Hurrah", but only time will tell the real story. I want to see if I can dig 250 silver from there ...I've got 19 more to find before that milestone. Even if I don't get anymore silver from this park, there will never be another one like it.

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High! And if you haven't found the right machine for you yet, you may just need to spend more time with your current machine to make it the right one! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3421_sm.jpg
    IMG_3421_sm.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 866
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Re: 9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

At it again I see El Capitan! The vault door must be bursting by now Buddy. Nice job again Dan. I finally made it out for the first time this season..It was fun and worth the wait. I will post soon. Congrats again.. :thumbsup: jgas

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25

Nice finds! I agree with you 100% about what you said in your write up. Its all about knowing your machine. I have a fisher 12-25. I wouldnt trade it for anything.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think it's time you REthink your strategy my friend....seriously....think about a new machine....your silver finds are slowing down...NOT ;D
Keep on keepin' on brother. You are a silver machine :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As usual Dan, I enjoyed reading your post. :icon_sunny:
The silver park has been good to you and it is going
to test your expertise with the SE by making you now work
for the silver you get!! I'm betting you will prevale. Things
may slow down but silver is still there. Congratulations
on a good hunt. :thumbsup: Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

WTG Dan, Congrats on the silver and the wheat's !!!!! I think you are right on new Detectors It is a way that they make money by new bell and whistles. This is my Barber detecter I use !!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8301.jpg
    IMG_8301.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 531

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

Captn_SE said:
Just when I thought the pickins would be getting real slim there, my finds made me eat my own words.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan, Someone must be burying more silver coins at your park when you're not looking! :tongue3: Just like the old prank of adding a little bit of gasoline to someone's fuel tank. It's cool to read about these "turf lessons learned". Keep it up. - Jim

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go on the silver coins Big Dan, I think you will reach that milestone next time out. By the way, I agree with your comments on detectors. Have faith in your instrument, what ever it is!

Keeping the passion high
Rick

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +

Well done! Keep hunting, there is more silver in that soil! :-)

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds as always Dan!!! Almost 250 silver coins from 1 park! That is an amazing number and i hope you get there to. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer

Nice finds Dan congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional

CONGRATS ON ANOTHER GREAT DAY!!
HH

John

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250

Wow, Dan!! You are on fire. Congratulations on yet another stellar hunt. You are probably the most consistent producer of silver there is. Keep up the great work, and thanks for the inspiration.

I'm learning my machine. I don't always know what it's telling me, but we're starting to communicate a little better each time out.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

More great Finds Capn! congrats! stick with Minelab. Whites, was asked to donate detectors for kids recently and there comment was" we do not donate for such things" Minelab has donated detectors to educate children and continues to do so! My money stays with Minelab. Kudos to Dick and staff at Minelab USA! Besides, Minelab is a better detector in my opinion anyway. No one will be able to come close to the etrac for a while.

Bob S

Bronze Member
Oct 4, 2008
Laguna Hills California
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3

WTG

Attachments

• Smiley T up.gif
    Smiley T up.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Smiley T up.gif
    Smiley T up.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 230

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another awesome hunt bud!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X

Way to go Silver Dan!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread