9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

Hello Again Everyone!!

Lately, there seems to be all kinds of excitement on all the detecting forums with the release of White's newest machine. If someone wants to spend $2000 on a new machine with all kinds of neat oscilloscope like displays, color screens, wireless headphones, then by all means buy one. For me, none of that will make a difference. Performance would be my #1 decision for purchasing a new machine. Can the machine do a better job at what I'm trying to find than my current machine can? I don't believe in changing what "ain't broke" or adding a new machine to my arsenal just for the fun of it. ;D If you know your current machine very well, and use it to its fullest, you will out hunt most detectorists who constantly change their machines every time a new model comes out. :thumbsup:

Yesterday was another "killer silver" day for me at my favorite park of all time, the "Silver Park". Just when I thought the pickins would be getting real slim there, my finds made me eat my own words. :tongue1: My two good detecting buddies, Bob and Mike, met me at the park yesterday morning. My decision of where to meet and then detect in the park was the key to my success. No more than 100 ft in the turf from where I parked my car was a 50' x 50' area that I stayed in most of the day. At this spot, I ended up finding 8 more silver coins, 1 silver ring, 9 wheats, around 20 quarters, and a small pile of '60's-70's clad coinage. Some of the silver coins were shallow (lots of gopher action), while others were down to 9". It was a lot of fun. The "silver park" keeps surprising me. Since last Monday, I have removed 19 silver coins from the park. I think the park was giving me a last "Hurrah", but only time will tell the real story. I want to see if I can dig 250 silver from there ...I've got 19 more to find before that milestone. Even if I don't get anymore silver from this park, there will never be another one like it.

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High! And if you haven't found the right machine for you yet, you may just need to spend more time with your current machine to make it the right one! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3421_sm.jpg
    IMG_3421_sm.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 866
Upvote 0

PS-RI

Nov 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer se with x-1 sunray probe
Re: 9 Silver Day!! The "Silver Park" Strikes Again!

nice bunch of silver you got there :thumbsup:

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!

Captn_SE said:
Even if I don't get anymore silver from this park, there will never be another one like it.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I am thinking as long as you keep swinging Dan, you will be eating those words also! :thumbsup:

Another VERY nice haul. I like the ring!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the advice Dan. I see yet another cut coin ::) Nice haul and your count just keeps on climbing. My friend, Randy bought a new explorer SE and he just can't seem to figure it out yet :( Too bad for the 1200 dollar investment when his cheaper Whites works fine for him

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Great job in the turf Captn_se :icon_king:

Thanks for sharing and good luck on you next hunt.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

with the advances white's has made with the Vision, once people learn the machine, i think they are going to find some serious stuff.

anyday you find silver is a great day

S

seger98

Congratulations on the silver haul again!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Dan,

Thanks for your post. Today (Tuesday) is my normal day to go out for a 4 to 5 hour hunt during the week. For some reason (maybe the results of my last hunt) I am just not feeling it today, and may not go out at all. Seeing your post, however, has inspired me yet again. I wish I knew my machine as well as you knew your SE. I am bouncing back and forth between my Explorer II and E-Trac, and seem to keep settling back in on the Explorer II, mostly like you said in your post, because I am more comfortable with it in the field and understand what it is (and isn't) telling me better than I am with the E-Trac.

Whether I end up going today or not, I will definitely get out this week, and I'll remember this post of yours while I am working the ground hard for that elusive silver.

Thanks again for being such an inspiration to many of us!!!!

Jim

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250

Nice, very nice.Congrats on the silver

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Awesome day definitely!! Congrats on another nine silver coins and it won't be too long before the San Fran comes knocking on your door to get some of that silver!!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Nice job on all of the silver! I love the ring! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:happy1:

Had my popcorn ready for this post! :icon_study: GREAT read as usual! :wink:

Beautiful finds, Dan!

Nana

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

You are the Capitan!!!

notanothertodd

Aug 11, 2007

Hey I was wondering if that green marble with the silver ring had a Holographic image in it. I found a clear one a few years ago and it had an image of one of the little Rascals in it. Just thought id ask. Nice haul by the way hehe.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some great finds there. :thumbsup:

I have been reading the info available so far on the new Whites vision. If the user reviews start coming in and are above "good", and I want to consider purchasing it, I will just sell something I need and want less for something I want more, but dont necessarly need (LOL). Personally, I don't consider money spent on my detectors as money lost, just money in a different "bank" or "investment".

I usually go off of user reviews before I buy, I feel I get a better review vs a company or website review that may have financial ties to the manufactor of the product their review is on..

Again, nice silver finds there................... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go! Sign me up for your next hunt! ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice silver Captn,

You definetly know your unit. Your settings must be right on. Keep up the good work. Your the silver king man.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions