Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 9x12 is deeper than the stock coil was.better at target id too,however as with all concentrics you will have to overlap more to compensate for cone shaped field.I look forward to a comparison as I too am considering the nel.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the nel tornado my deepest bullet was at 14".i only use it in fields and clean Homesites.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and got a nel tornado. It picked up a quarter at 9" in my test bed with plenty of room to spare. It does seem a little more chatty at full sensitivity but it goes away if you lower sensitivity one bar and its still plenty deep. Not much heavier than stock coil if at all. I think it will be a winner and I will post any deep finds

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the CORS 12x13", Same coil. So far I would say it had improved the ID ability of the PRO, And seems to be a good coil. I have not dug any real deep stuff, Maybe 6" but those signal were real strong. I have not noticed it being chatty at all. Maybe even a little better than stock? Only have a couple hours on it though.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tornado is a plowed field killer. Def worth the extra money. Congrats you will love it.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and got a nel tornado. It picked up a quarter at 9" in my test bed with plenty of room to spare. It does seem a little more chatty at full sensitivity but it goes away if you lower sensitivity one bar and its still plenty deep. Not much heavier than stock coil if at all. I think it will be a winner and I will post any deep finds

The chattyness of the coil has become a non issue. Only happens now when dropped or swung fast. I found a very deep KG II and an SLQ mixed in with iron. So depth and separation good

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the tornados sensitivity helps pull out good sounds in iron ridden (cut nail) areas. If I use my small coil I'm still getting a lot of chatter but the NEL helps scream out the high tones within the lows.
I have found ground balancing to be a chore with the tornado in some areas, extremely sensitive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread