Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I woke up early this morning and drove to a local park at 6 a.m. to check the volleyball sand pits..I haven't been there in 3 or 4 weeks. I saw beer cans/bottles etc. in the sand, so I knew the place had seen some action since my last visit.

I came out with $4.59 in clad, a pendant, a toy car and ring #28 for the year. At first I thought I hit the jackpot - it had 7 gorgeous stones that were all individually set, but the finish on the back of the ring is pretty much gone and is a brownish color.

I carefully scanned 3 volleyball nets that were set up in a long row, and walking in the white sand was like walking through flour..I dropped a penny in it and it disappeared instantly, so I knew it was going to be a great place to search.

PIC2-1.jpg

PIC3-1.jpg

PIC4-1.jpg

It was a beautiful morning, I was home by 7:30 and didn't even have to clean my coins! I'll be coming back periodically throughout the summer to pick up that gold ring someone's bound to lose.

Nat

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Thats a great spot...I have to go real early too but because of the heat...Pretty ring too...Great pile of coin....
Keep safe...

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
Good finds, have to agree with Rudy about the heat! :)

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! I also had good fortune near the volleyball nets at a local park this past weekend. I figured all along the net and the servers area would be great spots to start. Plenty of lost coins managed but NO rings!

That ring is tremendous if its not fantasy jewelry. Looks kind of authentic from the pictures.

HH from MM

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I know you were in the sand. It is funny when I hunt sand or wood chip I always get one knunklehead who asks why coins are so clean! Even went so far as to ask me my soil conditions and readings! I had to remind him I was hunting in sand and woodchips! ;D ;D ;D

Oh great amount for time hunted! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread