EXCELLENT Eagle "I" Button Found With My New Classic 5!

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EXCELLENT Eagle "I" Button Found With My New Classic 5!

Hello all, I took my new Whites Classic 5 out for its second outing yesterday to another site that I have hunted for the last 5 years. I had thought that I had pretty much hunted it out. Over the years I had found about 100 "coin" buttons, 2 coins dating to the 1700s, a US buckle and numerous other odds and ends. When we got there it was starting to get dark and I had to go over the site quick. I got a really strong signal by a tree and out popped this beauty. Its the second Eagle "I" button that I have found at that site. It is on the edge of a corn field where most of the site is under crops right now, so I will have to go back when the corn is gone. I will be going to another old site today and I will post my goodies when I get back!

HH!

Fox

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: EXCELLENT Eagle "I" Button Found With My New Classic 5!

Very Nice! It looks to be in good shape. Many Eagle Buttons fpund in heavily fertilized fields are now in pieces. Woods finds are still solid. Is there a backmark?

R

RUDY2003

Great I button and nice future diggin' site....

Keep safe...

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great button

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
Very Nice! It looks to be in good shape. Many Eagle Buttons fpund in heavily fertilized fields are now in pieces. Woods finds are still solid. Is there a backmark?

It amazed me that it was still in such great shape. The only problem is that the shank on the back is bent. There is no backmark that I can see.

HH!

Fox

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FoxHound said:
VOL1266-X said:

It amazed me that it was still in such great shape. The only problem is that the shank on the back is bent. There is no backmark that I can see.

HH!

Fox

Great find Foxhound. As far as a backmark, I found a US Infrantry "I" cuff button a few days ago and it had a Scovill Manufacturing Co. backmark no it. I am sure yours is the same.

Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread