92 Sterling Silver pins in the Woods

It almost looks like something from my neck of the woods. Very very nice collection even though its not coin. Congrats.

funny the only thing I can find is other stuff you posted on looking for a ID on them. LOL I still think it is from a school.

Last edited:
Great finds, dude!

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone... but I've done it all. I've searched old newspaper / photo archives, I've checked old Sanborn maps for business and schools in the area, I even followed an old bus route that passed by the woods on an old map looking for something... but I'm finding nothing! Of course, I could be missing something though. I do not think they were associated with the original farm which was gone by the 50s but I still think they are older as in mid-1900s (being about 6"s deep.) I'm still convinced it is indeed school-related but who knows. There was something similar on ebay, but it doesn't really help: Vintage 10K Gold CCS CSC Service Pin Tie Tack Scrap or Wear | eBay

Yep enough similarities to say same organization, Different year

To me, it looks like maybe something from the Cuyahoga County Spartans football team in Cleveland, OH. Just a guess though. Not sure how long that team's been around.

Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D1.gifimages7.jpg

if you haven't, you may want to repost in what Is it.

I think some of those people live in there waiting to ID things :laughing7:

Great find(s)! Were all these scattered in the woods or are all from one hole? They sure cleaned up nice.

I would think the number of silver items found deserves a Banner. I say Banner! Sweet finds or should I say... sweet find!

I would think the number of silver items found deserves a Banner. I say Banner! Sweet finds or should I say... sweet find!

Sorry
Join Date Monday,
Feb 18, 2013

Won't work.

But I did think the same :laughing7:

It is definitely one of the coolest and most unique finds I have seen to date. This gets the Tom Petty "Running Down a Dream" Award:

It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the detector on, I was movin’
The trees went by, me and the Ace was singin’
Little runaway, I was flyin’

Yeah diggin' up a dream
That never would come to me
Workin’ on a mystery, goin’ wherever it leads
I’m diggin' up a dream

I felt so good, like anything was possible
I hit the disc and rubbed eyes
The last three days the rain was unstoppable
It was always cold, no sun shine

Yeah diggin' up a dream
I’m diggin' up a dream

I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the lesche down to make some time
There’s something good waitin’ down in this hole
I’m pickin’ up whatever I find

Yeah diggin' up a dream
I’m diggin' up a dream

Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

I hate to be the bummer on this, but I would think these are hidden goods from a theft? One OK all those in one spot:dontknow:HH
BK

I hate to be the bummer on this, but I would think these are hidden goods from a theft? One OK all those in one spot:dontknow:HH
BK

I agree, However still a cool find probably over 40 years old, that most likely was never reported.
and even if they were, who remembers ?

need to know where they came from first anyway.

Philly, N.J., N.Y., MD, Del, are all near

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back