925 Silver Ring (Not sure of the stone)

oney

May 20, 2013
Northeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Late afternoon hunt at the neighbor's house ends with silver!

Dug this beauty at about 5 inches. It hit as a penny on the at pro (Big thanks to [email protected]! I definitely recommend speaking with him personally. Hell of a nice guy.). 925 is on the inside but I couldn't get a clear picture with the phone. Here she is. I'm interested in the stone type. The setting is a little more secure than others I've found. Thanks for looking and I appreciate any feedback!

image-3494496267.png

Upvote 3
Nice find.. No idea what kind of stone though. But congrats none the less on the silver...

Sweet ring ! I think it's a citrine . Not sure if I spelled it right .
Glen

Can't tell color well from pic. If its yellow, possibly citrine. If its brownish, likely smokey quartz.

It's a very pronounced yellow in sunlight. Thanks for all the feedback. First silver ring for me. My only other ring is a 1953 10k class ring. Not much to work with without initials. :(

Congrats on the Silver Ring :icon_thumleft: !

TommNJ

I think given that the stone is in a sterling setting - citrine is right , citrine is a yellowish quartz variety and relatively inexpensive , Topaz on the other hand , is in
the Beryl family , along with Emeralds and Aquamarines - all of which can be rather expensive , and much more likely to be found in gold settings .

Thanks! Definitely happy with the find. I was thinking citrine myself because of it being in silver.

I imagine since it was at 5 inches that its antique, that design is very old.
I did find one that's very similar so you could probably take that price and x3 it to value yours
This has been driving me nuts the last few hours, found in sapphire, topaz both blue and yellow, citrine and a million others..
I have obsessvive compulsive disorder, so once I get something in my head...GAH!! Lol

Amazon.com: Sterling Silver Celtic Heart Ring W/ Natural Citrine: GEMaffair.com: Jewelry

I imagine since it was at 5 inches that its antique, that design is very old.
I did find one that's very similar so you could probably take that price and x3 it to value yours
This has been driving me nuts the last few hours, found in sapphire, topaz both blue and yellow, citrine and a million others..
I have obsessvive compulsive disorder, so once I get something in my head...GAH!! Lol

Amazon.com: Sterling Silver Celtic Heart Ring W/ Natural Citrine: GEMaffair.com: Jewelry

I appreciate the work. I know how you feel, I searched for hours last night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back