A 4th trip to the SPORTS Complex - Back to the Soccer Fields & over $9 of clad quarte

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 4th trip - Back to the Soccer Fields & over $9 of clad quarters

hello.gif
Yes, this time "again" back to the Soccer Complex and found 37 Quarters, 21 Dimes and 4 pennies....Total 62 coins for a $ total of $11.39. This soccer field area is only about 15 to 20 years old but is right next to a very old cemetery only about 100 yards away, so I guess it is possible to find older silver coins in the NE section of this complex......I will try to get some photos of some of the older headstones to show next time there and hunt that dirt area with parking inside the soccer NE area fenced off from the cemetery area that is sacred ground......THANKS for Looking.......Hope YOU all are having a GREAT Week.....and HAPPY HUNTING, my friends.​

P1010030 (2).jpg

Bill
Northern FLORIDA

Last edited:
Upvote 13

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
[h=2][/h]
hello.gif
Yes, this time "again" back to the Soccer Complex and found 37 Quarters, 21 Dimes and 4 pennies....Total 62 coins for a $ total of $11.39. This soccer field area is only about 15 to 20 years old but is right next to a very old cemetery only about 100 yards away, so I guess it is possible to find older silver coins in the NE section of this complex......I will try to get some photos of some of the older headstones to show next time there and hunt that dirt area with parking inside the soccer NE area fenced off from the cemetery area that is sacred ground......THANKS for Looking.......Hope YOU all are having a GREAT Week.....and HAPPY HUNTING, my friends.​

View attachment 1678333

Bill
Northern FLORIDA
Super sweet. Mine that sucker till she's played out!!!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Glen.....Thanks for your comment, my friend......I went back and looked at the 1st time I recorded with pictures, being at this Soccer Complex.....and in total $ was similar to yesterday's hunt -- Here.... that was back 4 years ago in February 2015 --- it's almost like history repeats itself -- Funny:

5 hours at a Soccer Complex sets a NEW record in $ Clad count Today Feb 04, 2015....See the totals

A cool day in the 50's, but a HOT new record for me in clad coins for the year: 33 quarters, 31 dimes & 18 cents for a total of $11.53 face value.......Found with the Whites MX5.......Love them Soccer fields & school yards......Happy Hunting & Good Luck in 2015 to All that love this hobby.

P.S. Forgot to mention that 9 of the quarters were found on one drop.....I could see
3 quarters on the surface....and recovered 6 more directly under them in the grass and dirt.....Looks like the bleachers were moved and exposed them.

Bill

Last edited:

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Hey, Glen.....Thanks for your comment, my friend......I went back and looked at the 1st time I recorded with pictures, being at this Soccer Complex.....and in total was similar to yesterday's hunt -- Here that was back 4 years ago in February 2015 --- it's almost like history repeats itself -- Funny:

[h=2]5 hours at a Soccer Complex sets a NEW record in $ Clad count Today Feb 04, 2015....See the totals[/h]
A cool day in the 50's, but a HOT new record for me in clad coins for the year: 33 quarters, 31 dimes & 18 cents for a total of $11.53 face value.......Found with the Whites MX5.......Love them Soccer fields & school yards......Happy Hunting & Good Luck in 2015 to All that love this hobby.

P.S. Forgot to mention that 9 of the quarters were found on one drop.....I could see
3 quarters on the surface....and recovered 6 more directly under them in the grass and dirt.....Looks like the bleachers were moved and exposed them.

Bill
Way to go Bill , gotta getem while the getting is good and your body is still young.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a lot of ups and downs digging those coins. Congrats on the nice haul.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Glen & Rasco......Yes, I agree I am 77 and I try to limit my getting up & down and mostly with the VID machines I can eliminate the newer zinc cents and even most of the older copper cents toward the end of the day's hunt and zero in on the dollars, halfs, quarters & dimes......but my knees & hips are still good......but can only go about 4 to 5 hours hunting.......I used to be able hunt 8 to 10 hours in my 60's.......just saying......HH to you Both

Bill

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Hey, Glen & Rasco......Yes, I agree I am 77 and I try to limit my getting up & down and mostly with the VID machines I can eliminate the newer zinc cents and even most of the older copper cents toward the end of the day's hunt and zero in on the dollars, halfs, quarters & dimes......but my knees & hips are still good......but can only go about 4 to 5 hours hunting.......I used to be able hunt 8 to 10 hours in my 60's.......just saying......HH to you Both

Bill
Thank you and completely understand. I have an under water detector and not to much time or places to use it.

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
All I can say is you are doing very well especially for 77 and my hat is off to you.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can say is you are doing very well especially for 77 and my hat is off to you.

Hey, Glen & Inspector......Thanks......Here is another Hunt on 10 February 2013 and look how many pennies I dug......I was 71 then and found a silver coin with my date of birth:

SUNNY 71 degrees in Southern Georgia and ALOT of coins found even 1 SILVER

Beautiful Day for hunting!! Found 164 coins consisting of 31 clad quarters, 50 dimes that included a 1942 silver Mercury dime( the year I was born), and 83 of the 95% copper cents that included 7 wheat cents. I was running high discrimination, rejecting all modern copper coated zinc cents dated after 1982 to cut my digging time. That's a total of $13.58 face value. Another GOOD Day!!

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................(click on the last picture to see a larger copy)

Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting!!

Bill

Last edited:

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Hey, Glen......Thanks......Here is another Hunt on 10 February 2013 and look how many pennies I dug......I was 71 then and found a silver coin with my date of birth:

[h=2]SUNNY 71 degrees in Southern Georgia and ALOT of coins found even 1 SILVER[/h]
Beautiful Day for hunting!! Found 164 coins consisting of 31 clad quarters, 50 dimes that included a 1942 silver Mercury dime( the year I was born), and 83 of the 95% copper cents that included 7 wheat cents. I was running high discrimination, rejecting all modern copper coated zinc cents dated after 1982 to cut my digging time. That's a total of $13.58 face value. Another GOOD Day!!

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................(click on the last picture to see a larger copy)

Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting!!

Bill
Its fun to look back on past digs and rember the times, the friends we made the things we dug up, it makes me warm to know that the snow will go. And we will hopefully find some more HOT SPOTS [emoji4][emoji3][emoji2][emoji1][emoji173]

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Its fun to look back on past digs and rember the times, the friends we made the things we dug up, it makes me warm to know that the snow will go. And we will hopefully find some more HOT SPOTS [emoji4][emoji3][emoji2][emoji1][emoji173]
Gotta Love the merc.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Glen.....Thanks for your comments, my friend......Looking at some older hunts & finds are nice this time of year when many "dirt diggers" can't get out when the snow is too deep or even extreme low temps with high winds.......So, let me show YOU just one more final hunt (I promise - lol) and this was the 2nd hunt on this football field where I found a 1913-D Barber Quarter on the 1st hunt......and guess what I was not alone --- I had a hunting "Buddy" with me who also found a ton of coins that day(however all of the coins pictured are just the ones I personally found) -- This I believe is my largest amount of coins in one day hunting.....here it is we hunted on 14 April 2013:

Best Day Ever on CLAD!!......Even found 3 Half Dollars.

NO....the half dollars were not silver.....but a very nice day for record number of clad. Found 3 Kennedy Clad Halfs, 67 clad quarters, 61 clad dimes, and 45 memorial pennies......Total 176 coins, total value $24.80.
These were all found at a SW Georgia School football field, using my Whites Coinmaster Pro. I do not use a pin pointer.

Note: This is my 2nd time at this spot....last Sunday I also found a lot of clad, and a 1913-D Barber Quarter near the goal line.....But no silver today...sigh!!

Click on the image to enlarge picture......the dimes and cents are in stacks of 10pc. each......Thanks for Looking!!

Happy Hunting!!

Bill

Last edited:

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Hey, Glen.....Thanks for your comments, my friend......Looking at some older hunts & finds are nice this time of year when many "dirt diggers" can't get out when the snow is too deep or even extreme low temps with high winds.......So, let me show YOU just one more final hunt (I promise - lol) and this was the 2nd hunt on this football field where I found a 1913-D Barber Quarter on the 1st hunt......and guess what I was not alone --- I had a hunting "Buddy" with me who also found a ton of coins that day(however all of the coins pictured are just the ones I personally found) -- This I believe is my largest amount of coins in one day hunting.....here it is we hunted on 14 April 2013:

Best Day Ever on CLAD!!......Even found 3 Half Dollars.

NO....the half dollars were not silver.....but a very nice day for record number of clad. Found 3 Kennedy Clad Halfs, 67 clad quarters, 61 clad dimes, and 45 memorial pennies......Total 176 coins, total value $24.80.
These were all found at a SW Georgia School football field, using my Whites Coinmaster Pro. I do not use a pin pointer.

Note: This is my 2nd time at this spot....last Sunday I also found a lot of clad, and a 1913-D Barber Quarter near the goal line.....But no silver today...sigh!!

Click on the image to enlarge picture......the dimes and cents are in stacks of 10pc. each......Thanks for Looking!!

Happy Hunting!!

Bill
Love it. And good days are still ahead

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul there, great job! I've had a lot of luck on clad lately at the local soccer fields. Especially dimes. My MXT is a dime magnet. No jewelry lately. If only pull tabs were silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread