A, B or C

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Gentlemen/Ladies,
Advice from the professionals needed. I am going to buy a new detector and would like to know your opinions on these three? A: Fisher CZ20? B: Minelab Excalibur and? C: Aquapulse PI. I have used the CZ20 and Excalibur this past year and enjoyed both. I have never used the Aquapulse. I hunt dry sand , wet sand, and underwater. These three are capable of that. Thoughts, recommendations.
Thanks in advance,
Jimi

Upvote 0

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
I think that you need to decide how much of what type of hunting you going to do. The PI machines work great if you dont have a lot of trash or iron in the area's you are hunting. The minelab is a great machine but can be heavy on land although I have seen a hip mount for them. The CZ is also a good machine not sure of the weight but gets good results. Cladius.

Ace

Greenie
Sep 26, 2004
California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2 w/Sunray X-1 Probe
I would go for either a CZ-20, the Excalibur 1000 or a Whites PI or ID (with the PI you go 100 feet whereas with the ID 25 feet (Whites). But if I was to get ONE I would go with the CZ-20 it has amazing depth from what it says at the http://www.losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ review, great great discrimination too.

OP
OP
Jimi D Pirate

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Thanks for your help guys. I think I will go with the Fisher CZ20 (5 year warr. is a plus) Maybe purchase AquaPulse for all underwater work nsometime next year.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You won't be disappointed with the CZ-20. I use it in the rivers/creeks and beaches as well the deep woods. Hip mounting is easy and the machine works great in all environments.

OP
OP
Jimi D Pirate

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Thanks again Cladius, Ace and LowBatts for your reply's ... Good luck hunting and Happy Holidays
Jimi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions