Virgin park and an injury???

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I went out for about an hour this afternoon to a park that was opened in 1930. Since there aren't very many M/D'ers in this area I figured it was probably virgin ground. MAN, was I right. I spent the first 20 minutes digging coins in the grass only 5 feet from my truck, just as soon as I turned on the MXT.
After digging newer coins in the area I decited to try another spot, over by the shuffle-board area. I got a strong +15 signal (ring-nickle) at 4 inches so I pinpointed and began digging. It ended up being an older pull-tab. I fealt a little pain on my right hand, and when I looked down a flap of skin the size of a quarter was hanging from my palm. I figured I must have cut it pulling out the pull-tab. It was pretty much dark now so I went ahead and left. (besides, the freaks were starting to come out at the park and eye-balling me). On my way home I realized I had dug so much in the last hour, that I had gotten a blister on my palm and the last dig tore it off.
I'm going back to that park in the morning!!!
X

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Good luck tomorrow. Could be some old coins at that place. What's the oldest coin your found around Myrtle Beach?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions