A BBQ is good to have in this hot weather (7/16/10)

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Spent a few Hot hours from 3:30-7:00 today in long sleeves and pants, soaked in sweat and Deet (had to put that in for TreasureFiend to show I'm manning up). Anyway went to my old Barber/seated/ V nickel woods... I can spend hours there and find nothing. Today seemed like one of those days, but in the last 20 minutes of hunting I caught a very faint, bouncy signal. The coil only sounded good over a 1 centimeter spot, off the spot, it sounded bad. It was probably only 5 inches deep; I decided to dig because that little spot sounded too good to be an iron false, although the rest of the sweeps sounded bad. Once I dug in a little and could use my Sunray probe, I was glad I decided to dig, because it was singing high! And out popped a quarter. It was covered in dirt, so I could not see, but I knew from this place it could only be a BBQ or a Seated; I used what precious water (I was thirsty) I had left to clean it. Unfortunately it was not a Seated, but was my 3rd BBQ on the year, a 1902. I am glad I could come away from this hunt not empty handed. This is my first old (pre 1916) silver since 5/8/10 when I had a slew of Barbers and Seateds. In a slow silver spell a quarter is nice and an oldie is even nicer.

7:16:10BBQa.jpg 7:16:10BBQb.jpg

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sharp one Jon, congrats. :thumbsup:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
A great find Jon! :hello2:

Fantastic coin. Looks like you are back on your streak of finding oldies like you were earlier this spring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions