A Belt PLate...IN MY OWN YARD!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 70 percent devastated right now....because I'm 70% sure that this is a reproduction 19th century Royal Irish belt plate...

My car broke down so I was detecting the yard and got really close to the barn where it's really trashy...I cleared out a ton of iron and got a crystal tone down deep...probably at least a foot. Imagine my shock when my shovel HIT something solid and I pulled this out! As usual I grab a couple quick "fresh from the hole" dirty pics and then run to the hose. Everything looked good until I flipped it over...looks like solder on the top lug...bad sign. I did a quick Google search and could not find any other plates with three post type attachments...so I'm reasonably sure I got a reproduction...

Is someone punking me??? Perhaps someone who I've hosted in the past...hmmmmmmm

Anyway...here it is as it is...

Attachments

• photo 1(23).JPG
    photo 1(23).JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 2(19).JPG
    photo 2(19).JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 171
  • photo 4(10).JPG
    photo 4(10).JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 180
  • photo 3(14).JPG
    photo 3(14).JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 5(1).JPG
    photo 5(1).JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 5
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gig is up...my wife just fessed up to planting that when we first moved into the house 4 years ago. She knew that the first thing I would do is detect the yard (she was right) and can't understand how I missed it...she said it was shiny brass when she planted it...i like it the way it is now!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The gig is up...my wife just fessed up to planting that when we first moved into the house 4 years ago. She knew that the first thing I would do is detect the yard (she was right) and can't understand how I missed it...she said it was shiny brass when she planted it...i like it the way it is now!

God love her for keeping you out of trouble and giving you some good fun in the process

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hmmmm.... I wonder who is going to get a big fake diamond ring for Christmas. :laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is too damn funny! Tell your wife she is AWESOME

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread