A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush.....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0791_zpsaa13fc0f.jpg~original

Took a walk in the woods......there's about a foot of soft snow everywhere. I tried to swing the small 5 x 8 coil in and above the snow, and even searched under some huge pine trees. Nothing. OK plan "B." I just happened to have a pocket full of sunflower seeds, so I reached into my pocket with bare hands, spilling many onto the snow as I pulled out a hand full, and like WOW! All my feathered friends showed up. Here's one waiting for some more treats on my relic shovel.

DSC_0766_zps5dc29622.jpg~original

This little buddy wasn't quite sure whether to engage in his fight/flight routine, so he hovered like a dragon fly over my hand, and a photo of him turned him into a ghost.
DSC_0772_zps03bdb3e1.jpg~original

That's a little more like it! Relax.......it's only a metal detecor. And please don't bite the hand that feeds you.
DSC_0776_zpsed3c00f5.jpg~original

Here's my feathered friend checking out the AT GOLD. I just happened to catch the orange sunset light bouncing off the detector.

DSC_0802_zps2ea14bfd.jpg~original

And what's that old saying...."a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?" Nah! don't believe it, it ain't true.

Hope you enjoyed a walk in the woods today.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy your posts John, it's great to get out in nature.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. Bet that was fun.

scott kelly

Nov 28, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Got my first one about 1980.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice Little friend to show up. :hello:

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics.... what camera? (Please don't say "my phone"!! *L*) Years ago, while I was out rabbit hunting, one of those little black-caps passed by with his flock and decided to take a short rest on the barrel of my .410.... I wasn't carrying any kind of camera that day but I'll always remember that quick 3-4 second visit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions