Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wandered around a fairly new school that's in an old place.

Overall:

IMGA3608.JPG
IMGA3609.JPG

This was an interesting find. It appears to be VERY durable aluminum and it was DEEP! About 18-24 inches! Gave a 91 reading and captured my curiosity. I just HAD to know what it was once I started digging. LOL ! Some things I can get to a point and announce to the world at large, "BEER CAN!!!" and just stop digging. :) Sometimes, I just gotta know! LOL I know it's a well known company, just not what something this big went to, I thought it was a hub cap at first. :dontknow:

IMGA3610.JPG

Not sure how old.

IMGA3611.JPG
Nice lil hair bling thing. Says Disney - China on the back.

IMGA3612.JPG IMGA3614.JPG

Interesting scroll work design. Non-magnetic. Looks old? :dontknow:

IMGA3615.JPG IMGA3616.JPG

This one hasn't even been in any toaster! :) Funny thing though, I said just one more find for the day and bing! LOL
Figure a fresh drop but still very nice to get any wheatie in this condition ain't it. ;)

Thanks for peeking!

HH!

Upvote 3

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find wheats in the wood chips occasionally.Odd place to find them but glad to get them.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find wheats in the wood chips occasionally.Odd place to find them but glad to get them.
It's strange sometimes where the wheats pop up. I found 6 or 7 in my neighbors yard and they were all just under the surface.??? I couldn't figure out why. Keep up the good work whatifind. :thumbsup:

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Wonder if that black an decker piece could be an old cover for a skillsaw?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Wonder if that black an decker piece could be an old cover for a skillsaw?

Very well could be. Nice guess!

The piece I'm more interested in is the one with the scroll design. Looks like an old piece to me. Just can't figure a piece of what?

Thanks!
HH!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you didn't completely strike out & you got some fresh air! MDing is my stress reliever, even when I don't find anything

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. I know this is from left field but the little scrolled piece makes me think of a bike chain link with the 2 posts on the back, So having said that maybe a decorative link to a chain, Not sure to what though.

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I could find was this ash tray on ebay. Guy figures it's from the 40's or 50's. Very similar emblem as that hunk of metal you've got there. Don't have a clue what the scroll piece was from. image.jpg

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I could find was this ash tray on ebay. Guy figures it's from the 40's or 50's. Very similar emblem as that hunk of metal you've got there. Don't have a clue what the scroll piece was from.

I think that's exactly right. If you see it in person you can see the little indentations for cigarettes better. (Left side in my pic.)
Excellent research!
Thanks!
HH!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. I know this is from left field but the little scrolled piece makes me think of a bike chain link with the 2 posts on the back, So having said that maybe a decorative link to a chain, Not sure to what though.

That's a thought, but I would expect it to be of some sort of magnetic metal if it was for a bike chain.
This seems like a decorative piece but I'm thinking it might be from a gun.

Thanks!
HH!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thought I had on the decorative piece is a mechanical toy Angel wing, Imagine rods to a lever, like a trigger and as you squeeze the wings would go up and down.Or possibly a whirlygig.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!, makes ya wonder how anthing gets that deep unless it was filled over the years

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thought I had on the decorative piece is a mechanical toy Angel wing, Imagine rods to a lever, like a trigger and as you squeeze the wings would go up and down.Or possibly a whirlygig.

I wish it was easier to tell how old a piece is through a simple test. That would make it so much easier. :) Maybe a decorative piece off a gun/hat/boot/etc. :dontknow:

Thanks for trying!
HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread