Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wandered around a fairly new school that's in an old place.

Overall:

IMGA3608.JPG
IMGA3609.JPG

This was an interesting find. It appears to be VERY durable aluminum and it was DEEP! About 18-24 inches! Gave a 91 reading and captured my curiosity. I just HAD to know what it was once I started digging. LOL ! Some things I can get to a point and announce to the world at large, "BEER CAN!!!" and just stop digging. :) Sometimes, I just gotta know! LOL I know it's a well known company, just not what something this big went to, I thought it was a hub cap at first. :dontknow:

IMGA3610.JPG

Not sure how old.

IMGA3611.JPG
Nice lil hair bling thing. Says Disney - China on the back.

IMGA3612.JPGIMGA3614.JPG

Interesting scroll work design. Non-magnetic. Looks old? :dontknow:

IMGA3615.JPGIMGA3616.JPG

This one hasn't even been in any toaster! :) Funny thing though, I said just one more find for the day and bing! LOL
Figure a fresh drop but still very nice to get any wheatie in this condition ain't it. ;)

Thanks for peeking!

HH!

Upvote 3
I find wheats in the wood chips occasionally.Odd place to find them but glad to get them.

I find wheats in the wood chips occasionally.Odd place to find them but glad to get them.
It's strange sometimes where the wheats pop up. I found 6 or 7 in my neighbors yard and they were all just under the surface.??? I couldn't figure out why. Keep up the good work whatifind. :thumbsup:

Nice finds!! Wonder if that black an decker piece could be an old cover for a skillsaw?

Nice finds!! Wonder if that black an decker piece could be an old cover for a skillsaw?

Very well could be. Nice guess!

The piece I'm more interested in is the one with the scroll design. Looks like an old piece to me. Just can't figure a piece of what?

Thanks!
HH!

At least you didn't completely strike out & you got some fresh air! MDing is my stress reliever, even when I don't find anything

O.K. I know this is from left field but the little scrolled piece makes me think of a bike chain link with the 2 posts on the back, So having said that maybe a decorative link to a chain, Not sure to what though.

All I could find was this ash tray on ebay. Guy figures it's from the 40's or 50's. Very similar emblem as that hunk of metal you've got there. Don't have a clue what the scroll piece was from. image.jpg

All I could find was this ash tray on ebay. Guy figures it's from the 40's or 50's. Very similar emblem as that hunk of metal you've got there. Don't have a clue what the scroll piece was from.

I think that's exactly right. If you see it in person you can see the little indentations for cigarettes better. (Left side in my pic.)
Excellent research!
Thanks!
HH!

O.K. I know this is from left field but the little scrolled piece makes me think of a bike chain link with the 2 posts on the back, So having said that maybe a decorative link to a chain, Not sure to what though.

That's a thought, but I would expect it to be of some sort of magnetic metal if it was for a bike chain.
This seems like a decorative piece but I'm thinking it might be from a gun.

Thanks!
HH!

One other thought I had on the decorative piece is a mechanical toy Angel wing, Imagine rods to a lever, like a trigger and as you squeeze the wings would go up and down.Or possibly a whirlygig.

nice finds!, makes ya wonder how anthing gets that deep unless it was filled over the years

One other thought I had on the decorative piece is a mechanical toy Angel wing, Imagine rods to a lever, like a trigger and as you squeeze the wings would go up and down.Or possibly a whirlygig.

I wish it was easier to tell how old a piece is through a simple test. That would make it so much easier. :) Maybe a decorative piece off a gun/hat/boot/etc. :dontknow:

Thanks for trying!
HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back