A Bottle day

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Went for a visit to a friends house, who is not a fellow detectorist, today and told him he had some promising property for a good hunt, so we decided to walk the property as he showed me where he pushed down a couple of old shotgun houses next to a steep drop off on the edge of the woods. While standing on the edge of the drop off I could see some stuff in a dry creek at the bottom of hill, so I decided to climb down just to take a peek. After taking quite a fall and bouncing off several trees, one of them being a locust tree, I finally came to rest in the creek. My buddy hollered down at me to ask if I was alright, and being the macho sort of fella that I am, I had to tell him that's the way I climb down a hill. And being the nice kinda of fellow that he is, he told me that I climb down hills about as good as a two legged billy goat. Smart ass, I said under my breath cause he is a big ole boy and I would hate to see him climb down the hill after me. Once I finally got to my feet I found a lavender tinted bottle laying in the sand right under my most important part of body. It was an "E.R. Durkee & Co" bottle with a patent date of April 17 , 1877. After digging around for a few more minutes I found a cork top "Dr. Tichenors Antiseptic" bottle. When I finally got back to the top and showed him the bottles he really wanted to keep them but after seeing the gouges in my arm and hand from the locust tree, he felt sorry for me and told me that I deserved them.

He also told me the next time he had to push down a house or some trees, he was going to call me cause I can do a lot more damage, quicker and cheaper and all he has to pay me is a couple of damn old bottles. Smart ass, yep, under my breath again.

I did some research on dr tichenors and found it quite interesting why he developed his product and was able to use it on himself due to a civil war bullet wound and save his leg from amputation. check out the history tab in this link
http://www.drtichenor.com/main.html

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0107.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

PICT0109.jpg

Ya'll have a nice day and God Bless.

Upvote 0

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a nice set finds there, congrats :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'de say it was worth the trip. LOL

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I found a Durkee lid that might fit that bottle. Same design with the Gauntlet on it..Cool stuff...jgas

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Ricky! I have a few Dr. Tichenor's bottles myself. Interesting history...I never seen the other bottle so I need to do some research on that one.

Sure hope there was water in that creek to cool off, man with the temps 97-99 it's just too unbearable to be outside.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
RickyP

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Hiya River Rat,

The creek was dry, but by the time I got out of there, You'd thought I been swimming. Its too hot to try a hunt in the woods around here and with all the rain we've been getting, the skeeter's are extra large this year.

S

stefen

Gotta watch our for those locust trees...one of natures nasty trees.

I carried a spine in my thigh for about 30 years until I finally had it cut out.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Wait till winter.
2. Take along a rope AND a bucket.
3. Post more of those finds! ;D

:D Reading your post reminds me of the cartoon where Goofy was falling and yelling..WOOOOHHHHOOOOHOOOO! :D Glad you're OK though! :thumbsup:

SUPER bottles!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread