wheat, buckle, and stuff *Updated* U.S. Cavelry Bridel Rosette

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
Finally got out today and found some stuff. I got a bent up 1935 Wheatie, what I believe is a buckle can anyone date it? Found a fuse and dug a broken medicine bottle. And a what's it.

pics:
2662401767_943893595b.jpg

2662408299_178bbc4e54.jpg

2663287556_30593abd94.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: wheat, buckle, and stuff

Cool stuff, but I don't know if its a buckle or not. :thumbsup:

I can't put a date on it but it look's like an early "hat pin",the thing with the hole's is a "toe plate".Any CW action around there?Nice find's :thumbsup:

Your round object is a bridal rosette from the Spanish American war era. You will note that they have the great seal on them and that came in around the turn of the century. Nice find for your collection.

Nice work, guys! However, I believe that the "Great Seal" variety of U.S. cavalry bridle rosette dates just a bit later, i.e., early 1900's. Compare it to this one from World War I:

ddaa_1.JPGe248_1.JPG

Wow thanks guys for all the info. I found these find at the family farm my third great grandfather built the house my dad know lives in. He was born in 1848. so these find have got to be somewhere during that time period I would think. There was no civil war action here in Wilson County where I live. Although they traveled through here alot.

I found a site selling one of the rosette's and they also give it the date of about 1900. Cool. Can anyone tell me about the Toe plate when did they manufacture them? Did they only make them for military use during the civil war? I found another tiny piece of one in my backyard.

hey I found one of those toe plates at my school site.... I thought it was an early denture type thing.... so yes.... someone hook us up wit some info on them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back