cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit yardsales a lot and a few months ago I bought a box of Indian arrowheads and stone tools. At the very bottom was a taped shut metal box. It had a note taped to the outside. The tape had deteriated a lot so I know the contents were put in that box many years earlier. The note gave a Civil War battle site and inside were several mini balls.

now here is my question. If I was to post a photo of the mini balls does any one think it would be possible to locate the battle field by map dowsing? I would not post a photo of the note until after the dowsing.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I beleive this is possible...but I'm not sure if you thought of this, but if so then I'm sorry for thinking you did'nt. I have some rhetorical questions:Can you tell from the note if this battlefield site is protected now? or on private ground?If it's a protected battlefield I feel we should leave this one alone.Jon

S

stefen

I hit yardsales a lot and a few months ago I bought a box of Indian arrowheads and stone tools. At the very bottom was a taped shut metal box. It had a note taped to the outside. The tape had deteriated a lot so I know the contents were put in that box many years earlier. The note gave a Civil War battle site and inside were several mini balls.

now here is my question. If I was to post a photo of the mini balls does any one think it would be possible to locate the battle field by map dowsing? I would not post a photo of the note until after the dowsing.

In my opinion, you would have the same rate of success if you would throw a handful of arrowheads into the air and let them drop onto a map. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, you would have the same rate of success if you would throw a handful of arrowheads into the air and let them drop onto a map. :icon_scratch:

I just thought you ask the pendulum questions. If "it" can tell where something IS I surely would think it could tell you where something WAS.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..but I'm not sure if you thought of this, but if so then I'm sorry for thinking you did'nt...the note if this battlefield site is protected now?
Actually I did think of that. I also thought this note was written a long time ago and the battlefield may not have been protected at that time.

I live on the westcoast so all battlefields are a long ways off. Were battlefields protected all at one time or individually as local areas decided to protect them?

Even so the person who found/stole them is long dead. I still have the note and I believe his name is on it.

=========================

look at that between my two posts (only 5 min apart) someone spammed my thread three times. and by the look of the bad English he/she in not an English speaker.

Last edited:
S

stefen

Cyberdan,

I realize that this post is directed to the topic of map dowsing as an open discussion.

So in my humble opinion, I feel that map (or picture) dowsing is akin to believing in the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Garden Gnomes, Rainbows...and a myriad of other fables or fairy tales...

And talking to a pendulum further perpetuates this preposterous assumption...

On the otherhand, Fairy Dust is.................................:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean, no tooth fairy?

I bought a big lot of jewelry a few months ago (over 200 pounds) and in there were three teeth two tested 18K gold or higher on the crown part.

I will believe in the tooth fairy everyday for a score like that.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess if you had a list of all the battle sites, then go down the list until you get a response.

S

stefen

What do you mean, no tooth fairy?

I bought a big lot of jewelry a few months ago (over 200 pounds) and in there were three teeth two tested 18K gold or higher on the crown part.

I will believe in the tooth fairy everyday for a score like that.

Well...OK...:occasion14:

Lets not get the fairy's mixed up now...maybe....just maybe, that was the Golden Crown Fairy...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess if you had a list of all the battle sites, then go down the list until you get a response.

That would in my opinion, a good idea, maybe even move your pendulum over the list Or just ask the question naming each site on the list.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How large are your Indian arrowheads? Get one the right size and it should work for a pendulum, especially for dowsing stone artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread