a component DFX Speaker dead no sound

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded for a DFX 300 to use as my backup this is my third one just love them. My problem is the speaker is dead no sound Head phones work as they should. I knew this on the trade and I thought is was just a dead speaker but tried to sub the speaker still on sound so my guess is a component on the CB is bad does this sound like a trip to Whites or is there something else I can try.
Thanks Don

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe the socket where you plug in the earphones. When you do that, it mechanically disconnects the speaker circuit. Might be a prong broke off on the socket.
Jim

OP
OP
DFXDon

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank Jim I will check that out
Don

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim has a good point. Connect the speaker to the same wires that the working headphones connect to when you plug them into the jack and see what you get. Bypass the 1/4" jack all together for a test. Should use the same amp for both. Also make sure you are subbing a speaker with the same impedance as the original.

OP
OP
DFXDon

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will check again I tried Jim's look see and it didn't seem to have anything broken or bent out of shape

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying its gonna,be the same thing a buddy of mine had a m6 looked brand new speaker didn't work headphones did, priced out the speaker at local radio shack $4 took the box apart loose wire at the original speaker works fine now. Hopefully u could get lucky with a,loose wire

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread