diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working today so no hunting for me. My better half went to a few sales (unbeknownst to me) and she did alright I have to say. She's getting pretty good.

She bought me ww2 m1 helmet for $2- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/332121-any-ideas-helmet.html

She also bought a couple of dolls, one Barbie "I dream of Jeanie" NIB, resell value about $40. The best buy was this Franklin Mint Twiggy doll, complete set with trunk and 3 extra outifits and assec., also mint,unused with paperwork.
One sold for $370.99 on eBay recently.- twiggy doll franklin mint | eBay

DSC02632.jpg

She paid $60 for the both of them. She also bought a cool vintage novelty lamp? or something. It's very cool looking. I'm gonna post another thread about it because I wan't some ideas on it.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like she did great on her own, When my wife goes without me all she seems to find is women's handbags, pants, and blouses that go straight into her wardrobe! Good Luck......Scott.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hire her full time.

It seems strange the box and even tag were kept, yet the seller obviously didn't know the value. Makes one believe the person who she dealt with was probably not the original owner. But that's how deals happen!

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hire her full time.

It seems strange the box and even tag were kept, yet the seller obviously didn't know the value. Makes one believe the person who she dealt with was probably not the original owner. But that's how deals happen!
We still work better as a team! Read below and you'll know why.:sad1:

Actually, the lady is a doll collector. She's just getting rid of "some of her collection". When she bought it, the lady was packing up and had most of them inside her front door already. The wife mentioned to me that she had others, including one she referred to as the "Titanic series" (that would be Rose- Titanic doll rose | eBay ). So, she messed up by not buying that one, but that's okay, the lady still has it and she only lives about 1/2 mile away. I gotta figure out how to look at the rest of her collection that she wants to part with, lol. If not, i'll just wait till she has another yard sale someday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like she did great on her own, When my wife goes without me all she seems to find is women's handbags, pants, and blouses that go straight into her wardrobe! Good Luck......Scott.
Yes, shoes and purses by the dozens, and throw rugs (I don't know what that's about,lol). I have a trash bag full of each to sell at our next garage sale, what doesn't sell will go to the Salvation Army at the end of the day.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still work better as a team! Read below and you'll know why.:sad1:

Actually, the lady is a doll collector. She's just getting rid of "some of her collection". When she bought it, the lady was packing up and had most of them inside her front door already. The wife mentioned to me that she had others, including one she referred to as the "Titanic series" (that would be Rose- Titanic doll rose | eBay ). So, she messed up by not buying that one, but that's okay, the lady still has it and she only lives about 1/2 mile away. I gotta figure out how to look at the rest of her collection that she wants to part with, lol. If not, i'll just wait till she has another yard sale someday.

I could learn to like doll$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread