A couple mercs and a V.F.W. National Home Medal.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I got started late today. Drove through Hollowpointred's sneaky spot, but he and/or his brother weren't there. Kept driving around looking for places to hunt. I noticed a car and a van belonging to two old coinshooting buddies at a little park next to a wooded area. So, I parked, got my stuff out and went looking for them. I meandered into the woods and found a few things in there, including a deep merc about 8 inches, but no signs of my buddies. I kept hunting til about 3 o'clock and went back towards where our cars were parked. I could see my friends just leaving. I missed them, so I started hunting around the little park. In a patch of bare dirt near some bushes I got a couple of deep signals that turned out to be a wheatie and a Good Luck medal from the V.F.W. National Home. Then on the way back to the car I got a beautiful silver signal from a six inch target. It turned out to be another mercury dime. So, the day turned out pretty good even with the late start.

Here's the mercs:

112407 001.JPG 112407 002.JPG

The V.F.W. National Home medal is from Christmas 1933. It's doubly appropriate as I myself am a V.F.W. member and the Christmas season is here.

112407 003.JPG

The reverse says Help The Kiddies and Good Luck to You and Yours around a horse shoe, a 4 leaf clover and a wishbone.

112407 004.JPG

The rest of the stuff:

112407 005.JPG

Upvote 0

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting