Last Few Woods Hunts

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would share these outstanding finds (bit of sarcasm there). I'll have to admit the scenery is far better than the finds.

Donna and I have been waiting for winter to be able to get into these places. I really have a phobia about all the wells in this area. Off hand, on a qtr mile of road, I can count 9 that I know of. None are marked and all are uncovered!

Site 1
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG

Site 2 has two wells.
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_1000.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0919.jpg

Upvote 0

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds!!
Thats a lot better than pop tops and can slaw like I find.
I need to find some cool sites like that to hunt.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some cool site pics. Looks pretty eerie. Almost looks like a movie set...... Like something out of the Blair Witch Project. The finds look good to me. Nice hunt.

OP
OP
DiggerBug

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
999 - Belive me there's plenty of can slaw, pull tabs, tin, nails, etc. to go around. And the bad part is I end up with Terri and Donna's trash too cause I bring the bucket.

Ty - Thanks. We've really had a ball hunting here. It's so peaceful and historic you get lost in daydreaming of old times there.

Ev - If I think about it too much while hunting there I freak myself out. Nana and I have both hunted there once without eachother and we agreed it was too eerie to be there alone.

Thanks for looking! HH!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DB,
Great looking old site, but those open wells would worry the cr-p out of me. :o Be careful out there, I'm sure there may be a few snakes and other critters in there as well. (no pun intended) ;)
Thanks for the great photos, and congrats on the finds.
-MM-

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pit looks creepy. Brings up a phobia of falling in and never being found again :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread