A couple more finds from the "button field".

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Wasn't going to go out anymore this year but decided to go one last time. Went back to the field my buddy and I hunted last week and found between 40 and 50 buttons and a few coppers.

Have been hunting with the deus the last couple of outings and decided to take the equinox thismorning. We hit this site hard for 2 days, I didnt find a ton of stuff thismorning, but it just goes to show you can never get it all!

Found a couple more buttons, one large dandy that I can't believe we missed before, a couple of small shoe buckle fragments, and the frizzen off of a flintlock rifle! The frizzen was found in the middle of where the shoebuckle fragments and many tomback buttons was found so I'm guessing definitely time period.

Attachments

• 20231230_115518.jpg
    20231230_115518.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20231230_115546.jpg
    20231230_115546.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Upvote 11

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I don't find that many buttons in a year! Good going. Amazing how a big target can be missed. I've found a large bell one time and a half dollar another right in an area hunted many times by many people. The bell was shallow and the half on top of the ground!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that silver washed button and the frizzen!! Excellent work!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't going to go out anymore this year but decided to go one last time. Went back to the field my buddy and I hunted last week and found between 40 and 50 buttons and a few coppers.

Have been hunting with the deus the last couple of outings and decided to take the equinox thismorning. We hit this site hard for 2 days, I didnt find a ton of stuff thismorning, but it just goes to show you can never get it all!

Found a couple more buttons, one large dandy that I can't believe we missed before, a couple of small shoe buckle fragments, and the frizzen off of a flintlock rifle! The frizzen was found in the middle of where the shoebuckle fragments and many tomback buttons was found so I'm guessing definitely time period.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread