A couple of Easter morning finds.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only had a couple hour window to hunt this morning before Easter Festivities. Headed back to the old reliable park and was able to squeeze out a couple of keepers. First good find was the 1898 indian head cent that was hiding next to a chunk of iron. Then I got one of those hits where two targets are so close together you can't pinpoint on either one. Dug the one target and it turned out to be a roached zinc penny. Was then able to pinpoint on the second target about 3 inches away. Turned out to be an 1867 no rays shield nickel about 6 inches down. That one was a pleasant surprise. They are a tough find around here and that one was maybe the 10th one I've dug in 27 years. Was able to witness Sgt. Claddy dig his first silver coin today. A 1920-S mercury dime. Congrats to him !

Attachments

• DSCN4990.JPG
    DSCN4990.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN4991.JPG
    DSCN4991.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN4992.JPG
    DSCN4992.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 8
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nickel and Indian cent recovery.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW nice detail on those coins, that shield is awesome

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you can go to a park and dig old U.S. type coins like that - I would have thought that in heavy population areas
in the Eastern U.S.A. that these would be cleaned out about twenty years ago ? Nice .

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree shield with great detail. Thanks for posting

OP
OP
Ed (Upstate NY)

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not easy. You have to swing the coil at a snails pace. Almost every coin Park Pirate and I dig in this park is very deep or near iron or other trash. Very few signals are what I would call classic copper or silver hits. All the easy targets are long gone. Takes a lot of patience but the coins are still out there.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice detail on the shield nick Ed, im surprised we didnt get that one last year as many times we went through their, nice job bud....:icon:icon_thumright:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The condition of that nickel is outstanding.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shield nickel is my favorite of all the nickels. Nice grab!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread