A couple of finds

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I stumbled across your vids on YT last week, by sheer luck.

Thanks for sharing that cool stuff.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your vids Turtle. I remember my mom having one of those lamps years ago. I've been on the lookout for vintage lamps but I just haven't seen anything that i'd be willing to take a chance on yet. Definitely nothing like any of the ones you've posted. But i'm still looking. Keep 'em coming.

Ps- I did see a pair of big balloon glass bottomed ones from the 60's-70's? that I almost bought for $15 pr. but they were just so big they scared me, packing, shipping and all.

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clovis97 -

You found my videos just surfing youtube? Wow I guess my keyword tags are working. :thumbsup:

Creeper -

As far as the ebay title goes I will be using Hollywood regency chic rain drop drip oil swag lamp. As for plugging it in and hearing the motor. I personally wouldn't assume that just because the motor is humming that it is going to work. I plugged mine in and heard the same thing, but I am going to take it apart and check the motor, and get some mineral oil to make sure it works.

The last one I had was already full of mineral oil when I got it, so I had to empty it out and wipe out the oil prior to shipment. I also stuffed the void with absorbent towels to make sure nothing dripped out in transit because if USPS discovers a package that is leaking some sort of suspicious material they are suppose to to call in the fire department and then the bomb squad. How do I know this? Because I am the one they call :P

As far as shipping costs go thats sort of a tough one to answer because it depends on the distance but you can easily get it into a box that is small enough to not get balloon charges on your box. If you don't know what balloon charges are then count yourself lucky :)

Diggummup -

I think that shipping lamps are really only hard if you don't have the right shipping materials, and I understand your hesitance. Packing peanuts are a must, and shipping in separate boxes is the the "A" choice, you just have to think ahead and charge extra shipping.

If you ever come across blue glass swag lamps or stable lamps I highly recommend buying them. I have yet to find any myself, but I know Olivia11dancer found a swag and 2 table lamps. The swag lamp alone sold for over 150 within 3 days.

Thanks for watching the vids guys, glad you enjoy them. I am leaving for FBI post blast school today so I am not going to be able to hunt for a week. :'(

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my location, shipping across country.

Parcel post from Washington state to Florida. Weight: 15 lbs ( Guesstimate ) Dimensions: 35x15x15( Guesstimate) Cost: $25.51.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
famous turtle treasures said:
From my location, shipping across country.

Parcel post from Washington state to Florida. Weight: 15 lbs ( Guesstimate ) Dimensions: 35x15x15( Guesstimate) Cost: $25.51.
ok thank you I was going to charge between 20-30 dollars wanted to make sure that wasn't to much

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
FTT- yes, I found your vids surfing YT. Your vids are some of the best on there!!!!!! (And, no, I'm not just saying that.)

Here is what I like about your vids:

1. They are short, but JAM-PACKED with GOOD information. You feature items that can be found that can be PROFITABLE if resold.
2. Good video quality.
3. You talk to the camera, and show the items very well!!!
4. I like your frankness and honesty about items.
5. You don't get off on long winded tangents.

You might consider looking at the tags that redneckpicker has, as well as castlesandatttics, and Glendon007

Again, thanks for the great vids!!!!

FWIW, while I haven't sold any of them yet, I've bought 3 Mid-Century clocks and one Hollywood Regency clock. I also picked up a Mid-Century coffee carafe at an auction Saturday for $1.

Thanks for those tips!!!!!!

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,

I wasn't sure how this video thing was going to work out, but I am having fun with it so I guess that's all that matters. I'll have to check out those other youtubers.

When I was doing my boards and didn't have much time to write on my blog I was doing little quick snapshots of items which I think I am going to try that in video format.

Unfortunately I had to shut my store down for this week because my wife is gone, and I had to go to some training.

Can't wait to get out and hit some sales this weekend so I can do another video.

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are old metal and concrete engineering books by American Institute of Steel Construction. Redneck picker mentioned them in one of his videos and was saying they go for about $25 a pop. I couldn't remember if they were the exact ones, but I figured since they were free, I might as well grab em and find out.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...g+books&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Looks like I did alright considering I have about 8 books

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...another good video. The audio is louder on this one, which is cool.

FWIW, you know how to score on the picks. I am freaking GREEN with envy.

The picking for me has been slow. I'm just not seeing the good stuff that I once was. I'm still making money, but haven't found the good stuff as of late. Combine that with the much higher fees on ebay, alot of stuff that I've been seeing lately is just not worth listing.

I did score a Franklin Mint model this weekend. It is in super condition, but missing the box. I paid $45 for it, but I'm going to try it on CL for $150 or a bit higher, and see how it does.

Those red Coleman's are nice!!! I can't believe you found those for $10. Heck, I've paid more than that per lantern, without boxes. I ran a late 70's model up to $12 this weekend at an auction, but didn't win it. Getting the original boxes...what a score!

FWIW, if you ever get a Coleman that is just too rough to list, you can break it up and sell individual items as parts.

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds will come, just have to keep at it. I sold a 70s green dual wick a couple of months ago for $40.00 with the original packaging. I paid $4.00 for it. I recognized that those were a lot older and when they said $10.00 I snatched em up as fast as I could lol.

My last name is Coleman, unfortunately there is no relation lol.

3 out of the 4 will clean up nicely. The other one has a lot of rust on the steel mid section, and thats exactly what I was going to do, part it out.

Franklin Mint models eh? I'll have to look em up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread