A couple of stories about my Bounty Hunter LandStar

Roaddog

Jun 8, 2005
Galveston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my detector for quite a few years but haven't used it much. Too lazy, no time too busy. All the usual excuses. We recently moved to Galveston so I am dusting it off and it reminded me of a couple of events I thought I would share.

The first is how I got it. I had always been interested in metal detecting but had never bought a detector. One day i was at Radio Shack and they had a couple of their brand detectors on clearance, so I bought one. After using it a couple of times it quit working correctly and would do weird things with the tone and display. Somehow I found out that Bounty Hunter made the detectors that Radio Shack sold. I called Bounty Hunter and talked to them about getting it fixed. I seem to recall that they said it sounded like it needed a new circuit board and told me to send it in and they would look at. I sent it to them and about a month later I get a box from Bounty Hunter with a brand new LandStar which was definitely better detector than I sent in. No charge, no request for payment. That is about the best customer service I have ever had.

Second one is my first great find. I was living in central Texas and through TreasureNet found someone local who was happy to take me detecting and show me the ropes. We were detecting a school and he was finding change left and right and I was finding pull tabs and bottle caps. I got a strong signal. He listened to my detector and then ran his over it and said it is just another pull tab. I said well it is the strongest signal i have heard today so I'm going to dig. I dug up a nice silver ring and he said you're hooked for life now. He was right. I haven't detected much in a long time but I think about it and I am fixing to do it again.

I will try to post a pic of the ring later.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
First Texas is the name of the company that makes Bounty Hunter. They also make Fisher detectors and one more. A great company known for their service. Congrats on you ring find.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread