A Craigslist whatcha think

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been seeing these on Craigslist for awhile now, a Fisher M Scope T-10X and a D-Tex. Does anyone know much about these? Do these take an insanely high voltage battery, 90 or 96volt, something like that? Had anything to detect been lost yet when these were new? I suspect either one would make one of your arm longer than the other. Just curious about them, not looking to buy them for myself (wifey put me on Craigslist probation).
https://springfield.craigslist.org/ele/d/fisher-scope-10-bll-mahans-tex/6345421729.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the metal detectors our GIs used during WWII to locate land mines 9B29C4E7-664A-4EF8-A3FE-F4238CDE87E5.jpeg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of these old machines found more than most guys will find today because back in the 1960s pretty much all sites were virgin. The D Tex took 9v batteries I think and it is way lighter to carry than many modern machines. I am not familiar with the Fisher, but with the big coil it was meant more for cache and relic hunting rather than coin hunting. I found more in the early 1970s with my Garrett BFO than I have found more recently with much more modern machines simply because I was the first in my county with a detector and few knew what I was up to and fewer cared. Heck, in 1970 when I started with that simple BFO there were more silver coins in the ground than clad coins and a trip to a virgin old school or church yard often yielded over twenty silvers in a couple of hours hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread