A Day in the Fields,Who needs a Raincoat....

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I made it out to survey a new site yesterday,they harvested it the night before and I was just dying to do a quick scan to get a feel for the place.....
I usually get in a quick nap between work and hunting but rain was on the way so I grabbed a quick bite and headed to the field.
Upon arriving at the site the sprinkling set in,time to get out the raincoat.....hmmm...I forgot the dang thing...what to do,what to do...Improvise....after a quick search of the vehicle,I found two bags,one was an old ice bag,perfect.....that will fit over my head and headphones....must admit i looked mighty silly,but what the heck it worked,the second was from a powerwasher I purchased and tied up well around the control panel on the old minelab.....now that the equipment was somewhat protected I decided to run from the road to the otherside of the 20 to see where the iron was,not many sounds on my way across,and on the return trip to the middle I got my first signal,sweet a shield or a buff maybey gold...nope old beaver tail... :laughing7:
Well somewhat rejected by this site and the lack of signals I retreat to the car to review the info on the place....I discover the tree line I was basing my measurements off of was about 200yards outgrown from the old aerial....hmmm,so I head in to the rows and walla....some iron fields...the some 10-02...what could that be...dig a few and they are little lead caps off of some type of small bottle ???? anyhow I dig a few more then start ignoring them for this trip...a while latter I get a sweet sound and dig down and there is an old ford emblem of sometype...cooolll....then a few rows over I get a sound that is almost to perfect,dig down and out pops the barber dime...plow hit and worn a bit...but a nice end to a silver drought....about this time the rain really sets in so I dig a few more signals and call it a day...I cannot wait to return to this site....I have HIGh hopes.... :headbang:

The rest of the items and coins where dug over the last several days at various sites...
Have fun out there Folks....

Soup

Attachments

• DSC02056.JPG
    DSC02056.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC02061.JPG
    DSC02061.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 753
  • DSC02068.JPG
    DSC02068.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 753
  • DSC02072.JPG
    DSC02072.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 798

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
way to go soup! barbers and indians! i have still yet to get a barber! glad to see ya finding that old silver buddy!!!

neil

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good finds Soup. I just got permission tonight on a site, now I
need to wait for the corn to be picked. Field hunting is fun!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very nice survey results!

Is that conical copper piece rolled and closed or open sided? Thinking tinkel cones!

OP
OP
S

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Tim,Mark and MrS...

Tim the piece is closed...and sharp...just ask the wife :laughing7: she loves it when I dirty up the sink area...

Soup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread