A detecting program at my church Saturday;and a lead on a long-lost class ring..

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
;DHad a detecting presentation Saturday evening at my church-a HUGE success!!!I gave away an older Whites Coinmaster detector that still worked good;and a lot of other prizes...I was telling an older member of our congregation that I have never found a class ring or a gold coin;when he said"Maybe I can help you out on finding a class ring"...It seems he lost his class ring in a lake that I have detected on the dry;but never in the water-WAY BACK IN 1950...SO:Im gonna go back there soon,and ask permission to go look for his ring in the H2O....He even gave me the general whereabouts that he noticed it gone :o...I told him if I find it;he WILL get it back-And,If I find it;I will present it to him following church in front of the whole congregation some Sunday!!...

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool, I hope you find what your looking for. j

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great experience to return any ring to the owner. It has been my experience that when a person says they lost something at a certain location that that is where they noticed it missing. Many times it was lost else where. I've run into times when I was called to locate something only to learn that they found it themselves later where they took it off for safe keeping and forgot about it. Once I even found a ring with her name inside at a totally different lake.

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)Yeah-I know its a real long shot;but I got a lot of people praying the LORD will direct me to it;if its still there.I had a church council meeting yesterday;I told them I plan on looking for it this coming Saturday,and if I find it;I want to present it to him this coming Sunday after church.I also stressed it is less than a 50/50 chance I will find it...Im gonna try my best;anyway 8)....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread