Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
hi Brett, im in Menominee originally from Negaunee. ? for you, any idea how far the state park of Fayette, extends to the south along the old RR grade which is now a trail.

OP
OP
P

Papadoc

Jun 4, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea, But while in Fayette a couple of years ago, I asked one of the people there about metal detecting anywhere around there, You would have thought I insulted their mother....
If you find anything out, please let me know...
Brett

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
hi guys-Night Wind here-Im way down in the UP-Yep;Im a troll-in Brown City-35 milesN/Wof Port Huron..Im headed up to Cheboygan last week of
July-got a truck camper;doin some campin;gonna hit the U.P.for maybe some wet and dry swinging...On the Michigan DNR website;there is a page there that explains METAL DETECTING IN STATE PARKS-where its allowed;where its not....3 years ago; I almost got arrested for detecting Burt Lake State Park down in Indian River-Its on the list as parks cloced to detecting-Didnt know that list even existed until I looked at the DNR website.SO:GUESS WHAT???Fayette is closed to detecting;too-THATS why they treated you with contempt there;probably...Believe me;they WILL arrest you;and you will give every detectorist a bad rep if you get arrested thgere;and it hits the papers...Do yourself a favor-Print out a copy of that list at the MDNR website-the parks that allow detecting out-number the ones closed to it by a HUGE amount...Im thinkihg of trying Indian Lake State Park up there tghis summer(on the list of parks you CAN detect)... 8)

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i know they don't allow detecting in the park, the parking lot use to be a horse track, but the stories of the workers following the tracks, to the get a drink at the make shift bars around the charcoal kilns, and houses of ill repute, men stumbling back drunk, they were payed in gold back then from CCI to forge the pig iron. i looked for a map to see how far the park extended to the south, but no luck

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man. Im from Gladstone to. Living in Esky now though. Did you graduate from Gladstone. I was the class of 1995.

I detect alot with my brother. Im using a Garrett Gta550 and he is using a Tesoro Cibola. Where do you do your detecting at? We tried down at the park and found a 1916 buff nickel. Some woman threw a fit and called the cops on us for digging in the park. But we got the ok from the city guy....manager or whatever. Its really cool to see someone else on here from the area. Get back at me sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions