A Detectorists Christmas

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
No thank you.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see it, but it will probably be a couple days after you.

Hey GIB, do you realize this show is a British comedy and not one of our stupid shows?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure if it is Humor for me but I really like the simpleness of the show.. very much what I share when I go out for a hunt with friends and the time after. Many things I can relate to in the show.

I might suggest a Metal test kit.. Acids for silver, gold, and plat...

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I really enjoy the show, it's very funny. I love the people on it as I can identify with a couple of them.

My 'No Thank You' is for you using TN to drive traffic to your site.

I don't see you posting much about anything, except to drive traffic to your site.

Might not be so bad if you were a charter member- but by all outward appearances, you utilize TN to do nothing more than drive traffic from this site to yours.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas isn't going to go away? What are you implying? Sounds like you are knocking Christmas, not sure why the hostility.
I did see the show "Detectorists" on Netflix - I found it to be very funny and usually I'm not into British humor.........They did a good job!!!!!

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your response, GIB. Happy Christmas to you. My blogs are also designed to generate a response on here ... this thread is a good example. My post on the 'roman seal' that I made earlier today may have escaped your attention:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/484844-roman-seal.html
Having said that, I promise to comment when I can ... and more often.

Incidentally, I appreciate your comments, because I had doubts in the first place, so contacted one of the Administrators. He told me that my blog wasn't breaking any rules and I was welcome on here as it wasn't a commercial venture. I don't write my blog direct to the site, because it would be too cumbersome as I post on others (some English sites have given me my own section as a way of saying 'thank you for generating debate.)

I think that English humour can be different. I LOVE Christmas, for example. I use IRONY a lot and sometimes play Devil's Advocate in order get a response. This works very well in the UK, but usually falls flat overseas. When I'm told by someone in authority that I am not welcome here, then I shall pack my bags and leave ... no problem. PEACE.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This like "Diggers"?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I came to the conclusion that Christmas wasn't going to go away. I tried hard to be up-beat and full of bonhomie. I think I failed … can I suggest something else?

A Detectorists? Christmas | johnwinter.net

Nothing that I can think of. Just wait until it is warm again to go treasure hunting. Good hunting and good luck. One of my flavor show from your country was Lovejoy, who was a part time treasure hunter, and full time antiques dealer, I missed that show.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just had a comment posted to my blog telling me what's going on with this thread and trying to stir up trouble. Interestingly enough it came from one, Gary Kemper. Is this the only site from which he hasn't been banned? If so. I guess he's on here masquerading under an assumed name.

Haha, he's been banned from every forum he joined, including a knitting and a boating forum. He's a total loser. He doesn't have the ability to lurk under another name, but he reads the forum(s) as a non-member.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's Benny Hill when ya need a good laugh...

I sure miss him.

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 8.44.10 PM.png

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to prove my point, he tried to post a message on my SilverFiend facebook page about his mention here. He has a true mental illness! Maybe his arrest for coke in florida damaged his brain!

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted about this show a few days ago! I enjoyed the first season tremendously! I saw it on Netflix, I don't think I can get season 2 yet

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vaudeville is where the 'funny' originated. Benny Hill was the last of the great Vaudeville players.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions