Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat,

If you're anything like me I believe it's more of an instinctive reaction than thinking it through like our buddy Crispin does
because of his training....

I know there was a point several months back when he was down in the dumps and I insisted he call me and have a chat....I just felt it was the right thing to do at the time to ease his pain.

You did the same thing by giving him a hug when you did.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill and PTC,

Hopefully, Rebel will chime in here at some point in time. He has a lot to offer to this conversation. Natural empaths have a tendency to gravitate towards each other in times of need. Hvacker mentioned Edgar Cayce....is was the first documented empath (to my knowledge.) I grew up in Va. Beach where E.C. practiced and there is a museum dedicated to him. I have read many of his works and very familiar with his beliefs. We part ways at the deprivation chamber and his view of E.T. life but I have the advantage of almost 100 years of science on him.

One of his core beliefs was in Lei Lines. Also known as nexus points where energy from points of multidimensional universes converge. I don't believe in that nonsense but he believed that Va. Beach was one. If anybody cared to look up his charts I would not be surprised to see Lachine and Hollywood also listed as nexus points.

Yes, I have the training and the education...blah, blah, blah. I bore myself. It is not about training and education. I have simply been allowed the time and been able to put in the energy to study it. I would make the statement that if either three of us had ended up born in the others places then we all would have ended up in similar circumstances.

Crispin

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to piss anyone off, but perhaps I can make my opinions make some sense.

I agree with what is being said about everyone having some degree of empathy for other's, and also feeling sympathetic towards people who are in one way or another suffering.....But I also believe deeply that if you are unable to take care of yourself and your family, you have let other's down. One can not be an influence, and helper to other's if he can't take care of himself, and show that convidence and self-sufficiency in his own life. You can feel someones pain, but cannot do anything about it if you don't know how to remove that pain from your own existence. I learned a long time ago, not to look down at those less lucky, and not be envious of those far better off, but I also learned that no-one but me, by the skills that I have can solve my problems.....I have asked advice, and looked to those with skills I don't poccess, but ultimately my decisions are my own....be they right or wrong....but theyn are mine, just as other's need to do for themselves. We'd be much better off today if less of us followed blindly what other's say, and become self-sufficient in our own lives. Good topic, and my best to all .......Gary

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We probably don't need to worry about a person with the gift of empathy will ever go nuts with an assault rifle. Empathy IMO, is the mind of God.
For most of the rest we depend on legislation. We then will be left with the few that hurt the many.

Years ago I read a couple of books about Edgar Cayce the man that would go into a type of trance and cure people with visions. W/o comment about validity, if memory serves he was told in one trance that if he continued, the process would kill him. These gifts are not with out dangers but what else can one do when their nature demands using it.

I know of some that have empathy ( or something) for all living things but have a problem when it comes to people. Not much tolerance for their own kind.
Maybe they find other people a challenge, an entity creates situations they can't control. Some have fantasies about doing harm.

In dealing with the few that commit the killing I remember being in grisly bear country hiking and I had my jingle bells on my boots feeling ok. Then I realized how venerable I was against a griz. We know in most States we can CC and maybe have a sense of security. I don't think there is anymore security against a mass killer than the griz. They have the element of surprise.

You are 100% right and 100% percent wrong. A person with the gift of empathy would never kill without the appropriate reason. A person with empathy will kill as an act of mercy and to send the poor soul to a better place. Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. I may have contributed to the accelerated departure of a soul or two.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to piss anyone off, but perhaps I can make my opinions make some sense.

I agree with what is being said about everyone having some degree of empathy for other's, and also feeling sympathetic towards people who are in one way or another suffering.....But I also believe deeply that if you are unable to take care of yourself and your family, you have let other's down. One can not be an influence, and helper to other's if he can't take care of himself, and show that convidence and self-sufficiency in his own life. You can feel someones pain, but cannot do anything about it if you don't know how to remove that pain from your own existence. I learned a long time ago, not to look down at those less lucky, and not be envious of those far better off, but I also learned that no-one but me, by the skills that I have can solve my problems.....I have asked advice, and looked to those with skills I don't poccess, but ultimately my decisions are my own....be they right or wrong....but theyn are mine, just as other's need to do for themselves. We'd be much better off today if less of us followed blindly what other's say, and become self-sufficient in our own lives. Good topic, and my best to all .......Gary

GMD,

When I was with PTC we both discussed how much we desired to meet you. Being an empath is not the end all and be all. I have also taken comfort from your words. Your personal strength lies in your honesty, straightforwardness, and ability to discern the truth from a liar. Where my name is added...always feel free to add your opinion. If anybody stands against you then they stand against me.

Crispim

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,

Thank you, and know that I appreciate the words.....be in Cooper City March 11-27......Let's try and meet......gary

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You are sympathizing with me Crispin,, but you are not actually FEELING what I said. I put Feel in there for a reason. And guess what, I put my explanation on the wrong thread because They are so similar I went to the other one.

I will also offer this,, Some think they are being picked on when a reply or post is typed out, because they are trying to read the others responses, and there is nothing to see. I have a very thick skin, it may come with age, I don't know. But some misread intentions in a reply because the language is not flowery enough?
I never, ever, learned to type. I try to make a point in the shortest amount of characters.(I am a dinosaur?)

I say this so that, in this thread, you will know I am not attacking. I hope Hvacker reads this post too.

Dave,

Let me quote Eminem to help us understand each other better, "Do you feel like I feel, do you have the antidote."

As I have communicated before, you are in the backyard of my childhood. I would like to gain enough of your trust to hunt with you in person. However, as of now, I am afraid to reveal my identity in its entirety. Perhaps one day we will come to an accord. Then you, GIB, and me will go hunting in Civil War territory that my good friend owns outside of Richmond....near the old railroad.

Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

Your imput is more than welcome on any of the threads....this whole empath thing doesn't put those that have the gift or maybe a better term the curse above anyone else.

There's times I wish that wasn't the way I was....I tend to avoid a lot of the threads with heavy confrontations because it gets me emotionally distraught....which probably explains why Squiggy pulled back from her participation and likewise with Crispin.

That said you're a good person and I tend to agree that we all tend to make our bed be it for good or bad and have to carry our own weight in this world.

Regards + HH

Bill

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess I'll post for ya'll, what I wasn't going to post, but I see ya'll have jumped in the deep end, already! LOL!

Bill, it's something very deep and personal for me and my life. I've peeled so many onions layers........ lol!
I tend to try and stay pretty shallow online, and many times it's very difficult for me to type things, or say the right words.
(People don't "get it" or think it's a joke, or that you're crazy. I don't have time for the mental volleying, when it comes to deep meaningful matters.)
That's where I have to rely on the greater/higher me, that, like you say, is instinctive(it's something done without filtering through the brain, maybe it filters through the heart).

Also, I would not want any to ever feel I would be attempting to indoctrinate them. As J. Krishnamurti says, "ppl indoctrinate to control".
Teachers simply state or show a truth. Only another person applying that truth and seeing for himself it is indeed sound and of value, is how we learn truth, (imho). This way what is true, is true. It is not of me, it is not of you, it is truth of all, and belongs to no one and everyone.

I could go deeper, but will take pause. I do believe, every soul that ever comes to this planet, comes with a goal in mind.
There's one thing, that everyone would give up everything else for, to obtain. I would think that the answers would be extremely varied, but I've never put that question out there, so really have know idea what answers, may would come(or maybe I do know).

eta: Crispin, one can read and read what it feels like to touch a puppy. But not even a LIFETIME of reading, is going to give you, the EXPERIENCE of touching that puppy! I believe ppl WANT the "experience", to touch something, that they and only they dream/think of.
To know(not believe, not have faith in, to KNOW), that they affect and have an effect on the world(s), through their thoughts. Sometimes knowledge can be a hinderance(like my nurse neighbor told me, when facing her open heart surgery, KNOWING what she knows, don't help her in this).

And btw, I held a letter from Cayce when I was 5 yrs old. It was my mothers' reading. His letter spoke cryptically of her having an issue of blood. There was/would be an issue of an organ. She needed to do some blood letting, and that's about all I remember.
She died about 15 years later, you already know, what from.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are 100% right and 100% percent wrong. A person with the gift of empathy would never kill without the appropriate reason. A person with empathy will kill as an act of mercy and to send the poor soul to a better place. Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. I may have contributed to the accelerated departure of a soul or two.
No, it's not easy living and knowing, what you can be capable of. My mother used to always tell me, "there are things, much much worser, than death". One does have to know themselves well, when they realize that within him, is the potential for extremes. There is the best is the worst of us, and the worst in the best of us.
GMD hits it also, in that only one person, and one person alone, is responsible for the thoughts in ones' head.
Ppl only "provoke" others to think or act, but it is the ones' brain that takes action, that is where the responsibility ultimate lies.

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Of course I understand what you said. But in my defense I said a person with the gift of empathy would ever go nuts with an assault rifle. I have sat with my animals when we both knew it was time. I watched their life pass through them. While I know there are some that might say that they were only animals I have trouble making that distinction with life. I would never let my animals die alone.
An act of love can be an act of lessening suffering.
I commend you for having the understanding to help those pass over. It's called empathy. But you knew that.
It's a brave choice.

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Hay, It goes back and forth in this world. But the facts stand out. The more pressure you put on people, the more they react. Some even break down. The result is what you see. Look at our government now, forcing more control on our lives. The land of the free, we will see! Frank...

View attachment 895304

The only problem with your analogy is historically the more repressive a government is the less of a problem they have with it's people. But the USA is a very different entity. Too free, too long.
Any one want to go out for ice cream????

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hvacker,

I tend to agree with you.....I seriously doubt an empath would go over the edge and go on a murdering rampage.....it's
just not part of their makeup.

Whenever I read of those bizarre cases I can't wrap my head around how anyone can wreak that sort of havoc on fellow humans with no sense of remorse....it's beyond me.

Regards + HH

Bill

Of course I understand what you said. But in my defense I said a person with the gift of empathy would ever go nuts with an assault rifle. I have sat with my animals when we both knew it was time. I watched their life pass through them. While I know there are some that might say that they were only animals I have trouble making that distinction with life. I would never let my animals die alone.
An act of love can be an act of lessening suffering.
I commend you for having the understanding to help those pass over. It's called empathy. But you knew that.
It's a brave choice.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The only problem with your analogy is historically the more repressive a government is the less of a problem they have with it's people. But the USA is a very different entity. Too free, too long.
Any one want to go out for ice cream????

I agree with what you say, but just maybe the gov hasn't hit the repressive red mark for most of us yet, just the few of lower 'capacity'. Better get that ice cream before it starting to melt. lol Frank...
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread