Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, got a little better than a baker's dozen on the dimes. Got a dozen quarters though and at least a dozen zincolns. :)

IMGA3362.JPG
IMGA3363.JPG
IMGA3364.JPG
IMGA3365.JPG
IMGA3366.JPG
IMGA3367.JPG

Ya know, I didn't find any gold, silver, antique buttons/coins, and, yet, somehow, I had another very pleasant afternoon. Just me and my AT. :)

Hope you did too.

Thanks for stopping by!

HH!

Upvote 3

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you paid for some new batteries !

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a touch toasty but they will spend. That is a lot of digging but all good targets and the nickels could well have been gold rings so you are doing a great job of detecting/listening to your machine and getting the goodies!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a touch toasty but they will spend. That is a lot of digging but all good targets and the nickels could well have been gold rings so you are doing a great job of detecting/listening to your machine and getting the goodies!....................63bkpkr

Yeah, they are a touch toasty. But, you see, what that says to me is that if a signal like these are still in the ground, then it hasn't been hunted very seriously. There was a lot of holes as you say. Around 50 or so for these plus all the pulltabs, canslaw, etc. :)

I am paying close attention to what my AT is telling me. One thing is sure. If there's an 84-87 hit, it cannot/should not be ignored. Some tend to fly through areas looking for gold! Silver!

All I can say is that ever since I got my AT and took the time to learn it well, ALL places I've ever hunted became new again. I don't worry much about finding a LOT in one hunt. I'm in this for the long haul and I am having a LOT of fun doing it!

Thank you for your response and for recognizing that there was a bit of skill behind this plain ole clad day hunt. LOL

Do you realize there are some who have NEVER dug a single nickel? (they also haven't found a ring yet either. LOL )

Take care!

HH!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a bad hunt!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright:I dont care who you are, thats a fine hunt, great job. Thats a lot of diggin, when you add all the holes dug for stuff that didnt make the photo shoot:laughing7:

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunt.......and you hit the biggest jackpot of all........"Any day out is the greatest of days"

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:I dont care who you are, thats a fine hunt, great job. Thats a lot of diggin, when you add all the holes dug for stuff that didnt make the photo shoot:laughing7:

Yep, a LOT of diggin' !! Some tend to forget just how many holes there were that didn't make the "hit parade". ;)

Thanks!

HH!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, a LOT of diggin' !! Some tend to forget just how many holes there were that didn't make the "hit parade". ;)

Thanks!

HH!

Sounds like you are doing really well with the AT. How is the pin pointing working for you. I am still kinda working on that. You have had some good hunts :thumbsup:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are doing really well with the AT. How is the pin pointing working for you. I am still kinda working on that. You have had some good hunts :thumbsup:

I had a little trouble getting used to pinpointing with a motion detector. After all, I started with the Groundhog. A whole different animal, ( ;) ).

But, I finally got it down. The technique that works for me is to quickly tune and detune the signal by pushing the pinpoint button right next to the target. Making it a smaller and smaller target. Then, holding the button, I find the loudest and slide the detector back to me until the sound just starts to go away. The target is almost always just off the front end of the loop. Deeper ones might be a lil under the front.

I'm only digging plugs of about 2-3 inches across and usually in an oblong shape, following the shape of the center.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

HH!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little trouble getting used to pinpointing with a motion detector. After all, I started with the Groundhog. A whole different animal, ( ;) ).

But, I finally got it down. The technique that works for me is to quickly tune and detune the signal by pushing the pinpoint button right next to the target. Making it a smaller and smaller target. Then, holding the button, I find the loudest and slide the detector back to me until the sound just starts to go away. The target is almost always just off the front end of the loop. Deeper ones might be a lil under the front.

I'm only digging plugs of about 2-3 inches across and usually in an oblong shape, following the shape of the center.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

HH!

It has to help ! I am hitting targets but making big holes. Glad I am on private land in the woods. Looking forward to water hunts with his machine.
HH and thanks for the reply.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice haul you got. Before I got fixated on trying to just find silver I was a clad finding machine. The park by my house hasn't been metal detected since the 80's and I was able to go in there and find 20-25 dollars a day in clad and by the end of the year I had found just shy of a 1000 dollars I need to keep remembering that when I am out. congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice haul you got. Before I got fixated on trying to just find silver I was a clad finding machine. The park by my house hasn't been metal detected since the 80's and I was able to go in there and find 20-25 dollars a day in clad and by the end of the year I had found just shy of a 1000 dollars I need to keep remembering that when I am out. congrats :thumbsup:

Yep, too many tend to work too hard at milking all the "good" targets and trying to leave the scraps for those who "don't have a clue". Turns out, they're the ones who lose out in the long run. How many absolutely excellent finds are made in those "pounded" grounds? ;)

Another thing, if I wanted to speed hunt I could pull 30 bucks easy! But, you see, that's defeating why I'm out there. I would rather find just one, good, old find then 30 bucks in clad. I'm finished with "workin' for a livin'". Now, I'm enjoying.

thanks!

HH!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad none were silver...

Ya know, I just don't see it that way. Sure, who wouldn't like to find silver in all those holes. But, each and every one of them might've been something more "banner-like". I had a very nice stroll and got paid for it, that's not bad. I understand but it's not all about finding the "big" finds. At least, not for me.

Granted, if I went for a very long time without something nice to keep my attention, it might get old. As of yet, that hasn't happened. I'm afraid that if I'm expecting a silver on holes, I'm gonna spend a LOT of time disappointed. Ya know? No, the gold/silver etc doesn't define a hunt for me. Not anymore. :)

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread