A dog, a Cat, and a Rat = Awesome

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, I received this in an email today and thought some of you would enjoy seeing it.

Ray

This is a video of a homeless man in Santa Barbara and his pets. They work State Street every week for donations. The
animals are pretty well fed and are mellow. they are a family. The man who owns them rigged up a harness for his cat
so she wouldn't have to walk so much, (like the dog and himself). At some juncture the rat came along, and as no one
wanted to eat anyone else, the rat started riding with the cat, and, often, on the cat! The dog will stand all day and let
you talk to him for a few chin scratches. The Mayor of Santa Barbara filmed this clip and sent it out as a hiliday card.

A great video....... Click on the link below.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, It would be quite a treat to find a group like this and be able to interact with it, wouldn't it?

That dog has a pretty easy-going personality to put up with all that is going on. :laughing7:

Thanks for your reply.

Ray

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw them while I was at Sturgis last year. He had camped at a spot at the same place I was camping at by the bike wash/shower house near main street.

I had gone prospecting at one of the GPAA claims 16 miles from there and on the way back into Sturgis it was raining kind of hard and I see this riding lawn mower pulling a trailer, putting along in the rain! I thought who is the freaken bozo driving a lawn mower pulling a little trailer with a wood box on it as someone would have killed him if they had not seen him, plus his speed was slow and he was driving on the roadway!!

Then when I went to my camp spot the next day, what did I see! This same lawn mower and trailer! Then later that evening I saw this guy with his animals getting ready to call it a night in the trailer with the wood box on it!

This guy ACTUALLY drives a riding lawn mower for his transportation, pulling a little trailer that he and his animals live in.

He will not let you take a picture or video of them unless you donate a few bucks. One good way to make a buck!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello HarleyMan, it sounds like he was in a lucky man not to have gotten hit by a car during that hard rain. They would be quite a sight to see in person, when
you think about the normal attitude they usually have toward each other. LOL.

Thank you for your interesting reply.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread