Attachments

• treasure resized.jpg
    treasure resized.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 940

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The longer stone on top may be a pointer to show the direction you need to travel.
My suggestion is to follow it out and see what turns up.

Adventure !
Thom

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Being in an established mining district as you mentioned, this well might be merely a claim corner. When I was in the business, I saw hundreds of crude stone monuments such as this still standing and marking 600'x1500' lode claims - even erected a bunch of them myself. If you're diligent enough, you could search the county courthouse for the original location papers of mining claims in the district to try to identify it. This is a daunting task. Or you could just assume it's a 'Spanish marker'.

OP
OP
gunner3160

gunner3160

Greenie
Mar 5, 2007
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I had to crop the photo; the entire marker is only about 3 or 4 ft tall. It sits on the side of a narrow canyon that goes up into the mountains. I guess I should go back and check to see if that top rock is indeed a pointer, but it is entirely possible that it is a claim marker as well. There was plenty of Spanish mining activity in these mountains, and current copper mining on the other side of the range. At any rate, I think it needs to be checked out some more. Perhaps next weekend.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Springfield said:
Being in an established mining district as you mentioned, this well might be merely a claim corner. When I was in the business, I saw hundreds of crude stone monuments such as this still standing and marking 600'x1500' lode claims - even erected a bunch of them myself. If you're diligent enough, you could search the county courthouse for the original location papers of mining claims in the district to try to identify it. This is a daunting task. Or you could just assume it's a 'Spanish marker'.

I might agree with this one :)

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Gunner,
Any news?

Thom

Nope, you sent him on a wild goose chase because you refuse to believe that any photo posted with this topic is anything but a treasure mark. Have you ever questioned a photo? Have you ever said, "Sorry pal, what you have there is a good old pile of rocks made by mother nature?"

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Kiros32 said:
Old Dog said:
Gunner,
Any news?

Thom

Nope, you sent him on a wild goose chase because you refuse to believe that any photo posted with this topic is anything but a treasure mark. Have you ever questioned a photo? Have you ever said, "Sorry pal, what you have there is a good old pile of rocks made by mother nature?"
I hardly think that was fair.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Gunner3160

It is real easy to separate the mining claim markers from the Spanish makers or monument//
That is by confirmation..they could not make a marker to the Kings men to follow. or even them selves. perhaps separated by generations..and centuries..to have the Kings men following every rock pile on the continent..to God knows where...

Gunner Take some really good close up photos of each rock in the pile..take the shots between 11am and 1pm on a nice sunny day...stand with your back to the sun...get each rock to fill the frame of your camera..look for a hoyo..in the stack..a 'hole' where you can see thru..if you do see one..take that pic..square on..so we can see the outline of the hoyo.Use at least a 5 megpixel digital cam..we want to be able to zoom in on the features of these rocks. Personally I like the square end of the pointer rock and I like the big rock on the bottom right near the bush...might be a face down there..

Post some of those pics..and we can tell you in short order..and better yet you can tell you self..by looking for animals faces..letters, numbers. geometric shapes.ect. Take pics of any shadows also.

The Spanish/Jesuits knew what they were doing..they never left anything to guess or chance.
You would too..if it meant your head..if the Kings men could not find his fifth..
"the pain of Spain''
nuff said

Lastly take a compass and see which direction the 'pointer' is pointing..if it is real it should be close to a cardinal point..

rangler

" all the gold in California, is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills,,under someone else's name.."
the Gatlin Bros

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoro dog said:
BIG DITTO!!!

I believe Thom questions every photo, don't we all? Guys got a chip. TD

I don't have a chip, I have an objective outlook when it comes to treasure signs. This is just a vicious cycle and no one seems to get it. I will say this only one more time and then I am finished trying to explain myself.

If I am a newbie coming in here to post a photo of a pile of rocks, and I ask everyone if its a treasure sign (it may very well be one), I want the truth, I don't want everyone to humor me and tell its a treasure mark. I have read through 90% of these topics, and that seems to be what happens. I have some very obvious treasure signs and I will be the first to congratulate the person on his find. I have also seen MANY sticks, rocks, cliffs, that clearly nothing at all, and you guys jump right into your treasure sign books and start shouting Jesuit this and KGC that.

My point is that everything isn't a treasure sign, but no one seems to want to believe that.

I am not here to argue with anyone, so if guys want to reply with an insult, you won't get a reaction.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
Don't you have something better to do with your time, or is that all you have is time. K.O.E.A. dsty

Not this week, work is kinda slow ;D

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Kiros32 said:
... My point is that everything isn't a treasure sign, but no one seems to want to believe that...

Kiros, I couldn't agree more with you. Lots of us are enthusiastic searchers and tend to filter our observations through our hopeful expectations and pre-conceived notions. It's human nature. A seeker of the truth needs to be open-minded to all possibilities and willing to change direction in his thinking no matter how much time and energy he has invested in an idea that proves to be wrong. As far as 'treasure signs' are concerned - well, most of them are simply something else. The key is to develop a discerning eye and an inquizative method of evaluating what you find.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Kiros32 said:
tesoro dog said:
BIG DITTO!!!

I don't have a chip, I have an objective outlook when it comes to treasure signs. This is just a vicious cycle and no one seems to get it. I will say this only one more time and then I am finished trying to explain myself.

If I am a newbie coming in here to post a photo of a pile of rocks, and I ask everyone if its a treasure sign (it may very well be one), I want the truth, I don't want everyone to humor me and tell its a treasure mark. I have read through 90% of these topics, and that seems to be what happens. I have some very obvious treasure signs and I will be the first to congratulate the person on his find. I have also seen MANY sticks, rocks, cliffs, that clearly nothing at all, and you guys jump right into your treasure sign books and start shouting Jesuit this and KGC that.

My point is that everything isn't a treasure sign, but no one seems to want to believe that.

I am not here to argue with anyone, so if guys want to reply with an insult, you won't get a reaction.
Thom and I have bonded on other threads and I can't question his integrity.It takes a discerning eye along with research to determine what is mother nature and what is an an anomaly.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiros,

While I did think you were a little tough on Thom, you made the same point I have made many times (heck, rangler even accused me of denying treasures exist, AND WE ALL KNOW HOW TRUE THAT IS!).

I question EVERY treasure sign. But guess what? It's not up to me (or anybody on TNet) to feel comfortable with your sign/marker/monument. YOU are the one who has to chase through the mountains after it! Many times free advice is worth what you pay for it. You can take that to the bank!

Gunner,

What you could very well have there are some rocks that have gotten wedged against each other while falling down the side of a hill. You could also have a trail sign/marker. And as an infinitesimally smaller possibility, you may have a treasure sign. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell from just that picture. IF, and I say IF that is a man made sign/symbol, there will be others in the area. If there is no man made marking anywhere on that stack, then take the most obvious pointer on the stack, and follow the direction it points for a while. If you don't see any other markers, it may just be some rocks.

There are also numerous other possibilities, but that should get you started.

Best-Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Kiros32 said:
tesoro dog said:
BIG DITTO!!!

I suggest you reread my initial post.
No where did I say treasure sign, or even use terms that suggest .
I did however say that if he were an adventurous person he could follow it out and see for himself..
(which is more or less what Mike suggested)

I do question the pictures, but I use an open mind when I do.
I don't refuse to see a possibility if it may be there.
if making me into the enemy is now your goal
You won't get very far.

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did anyone ever find REAL treasure on here?....not hating, just curious

now im sure no one is gonna yell out yes and start posting pics, that would be silly....a simple PM would do

also not that i agree or disagree with the fella above.....myself alot of the times people are shouting they see turtles, numbers, hearts, pointers whatever....and myself, i dont see a damn thing....sometimes yes its very obvious, but not always......but its not like im an expert

if there are so many possible treasure markers out there, meaning there are possible treasures out there, why arent more people doing it?.....i mean even if you look on the net there arent that many people discussing stuff like this really, shouldnt there be millions of people lookin for treasure?

i am just ranting....dont mind me.....this stuff is quite interesting though

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The treasures that are found are usually of a caliber that if found are never reported, posted or even spoken of.
The only odds of you or anyone seeing one is to find it yourself or know of someone who did,
when you do ,,, you will keep it to yourself as well.
If for no other reason than personal safety.

Thom

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soopacee said:
that would be silly....a simple PM would do

if there are so many possible treasure markers out there, meaning there are possible treasures out there, why arent more people doing it?.....i mean even if you look on the net there arent that many people discussing stuff like this really, shouldnt there be millions of people lookin for treasure?

1. It would also be silly to PM someone whom you don't know about finding something big.

2. There aren't THAT many real treasure markers out there. They are there 100%, but there aren't tons of them. Most of the treasures that haven't been found are in very hard to get to places. Most people like to read about finding treasure. Everybody daydreams about it at sometime or another, but precious few have the fortitude to get off the couch, lace up the boots, and go out in 115 degree heat, or climb 6000 foot tall mountains.

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread