North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Jerry. Nice looking old lock. :thumbsup:
I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say there was Lysol in that bottle. ;D
Congrats,
Doug

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
ModernMiner said:
I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say there was Lysol in that bottle. ;D
Congrats,
Doug
LOL,guess when this bottle was corked lysol made one product

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the amber!!! I would like to find a good spot to go bottle dump digging. ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
ModernMiner said:
Congrats,
Doug
LOL,guess when this bottle was corked lysol made one product

Found one, just bigger. :thumbsup:
"Kills germs in dark corners" :laughing9:

Attachments

• 261588419_6b641c8815_o.jpg
    261588419_6b641c8815_o.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 736

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, Jerry. How ya been doing? I like your Lysol bottle. Like one said with a laugh, "Kill's germs in dark corners" :laughing7: That's the first thing that caught my eye too. Keep poundind that place before the snow returns to Northeast Ohio :'( Regards, Ron

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Looks like Lysol was also used in REALLY dark places lmao

Lysol Used to be Advertised as a Feminine Hygiene Product and Birth Control
Yes, the disinfectant more commonly known today as a toilet bowl cleaner, was once suggested for vaginal use. Talk about versatile!

Although it was always intended for household cleaning, from the 1920s up until the ’60s, Lysol was largely marketed for personal bodily use, rather than disinfecting doorknobs or coffee tables like we see in today’s advertising for the product. Ads suggested that women use the cleaner as a douche fluid for everyday cleaning, and even as a form of birth control for use directly after sex (the disinfectant would kill sperm, the advertising suggested).
37387729_0109ba28d2_o_edited-1.jpg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're still out swingin. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but I check in from time to time. :wink:

Hope all is well for you, my friend. Keep at it. There's some good, older finds in there.

Cheers,

Buckles

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds :thumbsup:

Bottle is probably early 1900's..

Looks like you found some cigarette cases also...

Locks are very cool finds :thumbsup:

Blaze

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Crazyjarhead said:
Nice finds, Jerry. How ya been doing? I like your Lysol bottle. Like one said with a laugh, "Kill's germs in dark corners" :laughing7: That's the first thing that caught my eye too. Keep poundind that place before the snow returns to Northeast Ohio :'( Regards, Ron
How's it going Ron,how's the huntin in California? i like your avatar,reminds me of that song that goes something like "it never rains in california but girl don't they warn ya,it pours,man it pours" HH,Jerry[size=14pt][/size]

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
BuckleBoy said:
Glad to see you're still out swingin. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but I check in from time to time. :wink:

Hope all is well for you, my friend. Keep at it. There's some good, older finds in there.

Cheers,

Buckles
Hey BB,good to hear from ya,doin any swingin these days?.i've been caught up in weddings,graduations,family gatherings,gardening etc.etc. and really cherish the time i can squeeze in these days to go out and visit an old cellarhole or two.got a few sites lined up but they're like a jungle right now,maybe in the fall.Camped at a bluegrass festival in southern Ohio last month called the Appalachian Uprising,ever hear of it? Railroad Earth and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band were a couple of the big names there..great bluegrass weekend.HH! Jerry

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds there Jerry! :icon_thumright:

Personally I love old spoons! ;D

The padlock is a really nice find too!

Dave

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
BuckleBoy said:

Cheers,

Buckles
Hey BB,good to hear from ya,doin any swingin these days?.i've been caught up in weddings,graduations,family gatherings,gardening etc.etc. and really cherish the time i can squeeze in these days to go out and visit an old cellarhole or two.got a few sites lined up but they're like a jungle right now,maybe in the fall.Camped at a bluegrass festival in southern Ohio last month called the Appalachian Uprising,ever hear of it? Railroad Earth and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band were a couple of the big names there..great bluegrass weekend.HH! Jerry

Not much these days. I hope to do a bit this winter, though. Never heard of that, but I Love bluegrass. Take care, and stay in touch.

-BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread