Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old area that I hunt often but decided to hit a new spot. I got there after work and the fields were just right. The bad thing is that it is dark about 630 now. I found the usual musket balls and then I found something that I have been looking for. I pulled an old buckle /breast plate or something. I was heart broken when I saw it was missing about a quarter of it. I was thrilled over all though.In the woods last week I found an old lock right by a WW2 foxhole. There is always lots of iron around those areas but the lock put out such a strong signal I went a head and dug. I caught myself wondering ,who was the last person to use this lock and what was it guarding? That is most of the fun of detecting! You get to touch history and sometimes you can put a story together. :) I also dug a small Christan charm up of some kind. On the back it says" Trier 1959" Trier is about an hour from here and is very illegal to hunt!! It was the Roman hub of Germany for 300 years or so. I have all weekend to hunt if the weather holds out. ;D The wife is visiting family so no holds bared for the weekend hunting. I will be leaving Germany in January and I am gonna miss it greatly. The history is very rich and the people are great also. All good things come to an end. Thanks for looking and HH. :)

Attachments

• Oct19$01lock.jpg
    Oct19$01lock.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 495
  • Oct19$02buckle.jpg
    Oct19$02buckle.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 505
  • Oct19$03lock2.jpg
    Oct19$03lock2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 504
  • oct19$trier.jpg
    oct19$trier.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
you always find good stuff :) I hope the weather holds up though! Lots of good places to hunt. Let me know if you want to go hunt sometime.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Romeo, I think it may be from the late 1700s. The battle was 1793 (French and Prussian) and I found it in a field where the prussians were sopposed to have been. I searched for the rest of it but no luck . LOL

Viper , we are going all day Saterday if you want to go. I think we may go to Sarrbrucken?? Lots of roman- WW2 stuff there they say . I need to find some nice coins before I leave!! ;)

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I wish your ol' lady would have taken mine with her. I don't know if I am allowed to go yet, I'll have to get with the War Dept. on it. ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Bman! That little Trier pendant will make a nice rememberance, Trier is awesome, hope you have been there. I don't know what to think about that breast plate thing. What do you mean you will have a nice hunt this weekend if the weather holds up? Put a raincoat on yourself and the detector if you have to, in a few months, you will wish you did the hunt when you wake up in Texas, LOL! HH, Mike

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike ,I wish I was going to Texas!! I am going to North Dakota. :-\ Pretty cold there, It was 30 and snowing there monday. ???

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I loved Germany BM.....Just wish I would have been detecting back in 81'....Have you ever been to Kleber Kaserne in K-Town and hunted that area?....Excellent find's and keep em comin' HH!!

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
My wife is always looking over my shoulder from her easy chair while I am on this site. I passed by the Trier 1959 charm real quick and paid no attention to it. My wife yelled "What is that? Go back". Seems that her ancesters came from that community years ago. What a coincidence.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Bird,

very nice artifacts.

Say it again, " :-\"
North Dakota.'

That will sure be a change. ;) ;D
You'll still be pulling up some nice stuff, may
not be 60,000 years old ;Dlike the stuff you
have been pullin up.

have a good un.........

beerdoodle

Oct 13, 2006
civilman1 said:
I loved Germany BM.....Just wish I would have been detecting back in 81'....Have you ever been to Kleber Kaserne in K-Town and hunted that area?....Excellent find's and keep em comin' HH!!
Ditto on Germany. I was there 1970-1974. Was not detecting in those days. But looking back, all the history and castles, especially Heidelberg. Hunt all you can till your return

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the digs, I like the lock!

I think Viper has his hands full of munitions and such this weekend ;D I heard he's called in E.O.D. and the Bomb Squad..... :D ::)

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
i know, seriously right ;D I have to keep diging to find the weapons. Munitions are fun finds, if they are "safe" ones.. just gotta be careful is all ;)

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I wish I would have known about you guys in Germany when I was living there. Just left the K-Town area back in May. I got out a few times but nothing note worthy. As a matter of fact the first thing I found out in the woods was a Lincoln cent from the 60s. Take care and HH.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bird!!! All weekend! Yee Haw! ;D Get out there and get those goodies! Congrats on those finds too. OH...and how long will you have to stay in ND? When are you coming back to Bama!!? :-\

Good luck hunting!

Nana :)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always you come up with neat finds! Good luck. Tsgman

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for your replies. Civilman, I have not hunted on Kleber Kaserne but I hunt all around K town.Lots of history here.

Nana ,I am not sure how long I will have to stay in North Dakota but I hope I can leave in two years or so. I am gonna try to get Charelston AFB or back to Florida. I love those areas but I may have to put back in for overseas to get out of North Dakota. That would not be a bad thing.

Germany has been a chance of a life time to hunt. I have found alot of stuff that I used to dream about. I still want some of the older coins (pre 1800s ) as I don't have a whole lot of them that are readable. Gives me something to shoot for. A gold one would be nice also.LOL ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread