a few good halves

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Did my usual 2 boxes of halves this evening and pulled in a total of 7 40% kens, 3 Bens, and a good ol' Walker. Thats about $30 above face in Silver not to mention three of the coins were pre-Kennedy. I will take that anytime. Also did $40 in nickels - nothing good, and $120 in dimes ( 1 1943p Merc). Good luck to all this week.

BTW - Rich from Hartford continues to have the best sense of humor on this site, in my humble opinion.

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mr. 63,

I agree. Rich is a funny guy, but there's a lot of wit here from many directions. I think those are great finds in the halves and the Merc as well. I've been hunting for a while and haven't found a single Ben or Walker. My wife pulled our only WLH but my oldest finds are the '64s. I've never done boxes, but I'm starting now. I really want a Ben.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Merc,

Good score on the boxes ! Also real good finding a Mercury dime out of $120.00. I get the most enjoyment in this hobby searching through dimes. Finding Mercurys, Barbers, or even is Canadians with the king is exciting. Although not particularly a nice looking coin I'll take those silver Rosies anyday.

Good job :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread