A Few Mississippi Questions

F

farawaysis

Hi everyone! This is my first post, so I have alot of questions. Maybe this forum can help me. I am getting a metal detector for christmas and I'm so excited. I had one when i was a child and loved it. I was wondering if it was possible to find anything worth value on my property. I was told many years ago that an old train track use to run through my property. It was used to transport tung oil out of here. Through out the years, doing landscaping in my yard, I found around 20 railroad spikes. I just keep throughing them away.. Is it possible I could find something else when I get my metal detector. I also have a branch that runs through the backside of my property. Other then being currious about my land, I want to search other areas but can't find any Mississippi laws. Like mississippi wildlife management, NASA land ( the buffer zone, we call it ), the timberlands in lumberton, (because I use to find lots of arrowheads in a dried up creek bed when I was a child ), and the beaches on the gulf. Any ideas? HAPPY HUNTING! ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi & welcome to TNet, Far. The area you are describing looks very potential for some great finds. Do some local research of the area at the library...many old maps and historical books will be a big help.

http://www.treasurefish.com/mississippi lost treasure.htm this website may give you some ideas.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread