CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to my new full city block permission with a couple of friends for the afternoon. First time back since Sunday, which I posted the results of in a previous thread here.
The afternoon started out slow with a few wheats, but then I whiffed out a 30 signal on the Equinox with the 6 inch coil showing at about a 4 inch depth (which, really, on the nox, could mean anything from 2.5 to 6 inches.) I turned 90 degrees on it and still was able to lock onto a tight high tone, sweeping quick passes back and forth. Anyway, turned out to be a silver quarter at 4 inches, dead center of the plug. Love that small coil on the Equinox!
In my previous 8 hunts here I have dug many of the easy mid to high tones out of my favorite corner of the block (got ~120 wheaties from there as of today), so I was concentrating on 2 inch or deeper solid nickel to IHP tones. I wasn't passing up any high tones, just really paying attention to anything that could be gold, nickel or relic. I was rewarded with 5 buffalo nickels, a war nickel... and the 2 non-precious rings rang up in that zone.
Anyway, sorry for the wall of text... I'll try to narrate better with pics next time.

Here's the good stuff, less a few relics that I put in the trust of one of my buddies who is making a display for our town's museum to be featured during our local Mayfest.

20190306_212520.jpg

The copper or brass band is somewhere around a men's size 11 and is marked 14K FILLED, but I'm PRETTY sure that's baloney and the ring was just plated. The only thing "gold filled" on that ring may be the 14K FILLED tag rolled onto it. Hope they didn't overpay!

20190306_213012.jpg

The little costume piece rang low and had a gold look when I first plucked it. Got my heart rate up just a bit. Definitely non-precious, even with that Uncas mark. Has an art deco look to me. Wonder what the stone was. I sifted around for a bit, but I suspect it was long gone.

20190306_213149.jpg

The silver/turquoise ring is the only one WITHOUT a mark of any kind, but it is legit, no doubt. It was a good day for rings.

20190306_213101.jpg

Nothing really remarkable about the Washington... except that... I am pretty sure I've dug 20 to 30 in my almost 3 years of detecting... and it is the only Washington quarter with an S mint mark I recall digging around here. I'll have to check my records.

20190306_213330.jpg

Here's a closer shot of the buffs. 1919, 1920, two 1937s and a no-date. I think all the decent coins were 1919-1945. I dug 5 or 6 copper memorials and a few pre-60s Jefferson nickels... but for the most part, this place is a time capsule.

20190306_221615.jpg

Thanks for looking, GL and HH!

Upvote 28

pghDFXer

Dec 21, 2011
PGH
Detector(s) used
Dfx 300 w/5.3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I'd say so, good haul!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang! I'd say so, good haul!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks, y'all! That puts me at 15 silver coins for the year. A little light, if I am going for 100 this year... but I think I can definitely sniff a few more out here and be back on track by the end of the month. With the amount of 40s wheats I have come up with, there have to be a bunch more war nickels, at least (and they count, in my book)!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt! Congrats on all the beauties:icon_thumleft:

mpmccann

Feb 14, 2019
Denton Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Whites Treasure Master
"Looking real hard at the Minelabs Equinox"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take that any day. Great finds...:icon_thumleft:

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Keep going back! Grats on the nice finds and thanks for sharing.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice permission, great recoveries, nice pictures, congratulations on all. would like to see pictures of the relic display when it's complete. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin and jewelry hunt! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome your gonna have a huge coin collection by the end of the year. Keep it up. Tommy

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tribe of Indians! Very cool finds. Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I really like the silver ring.

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Haul indeed!!!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, all. I will get a pic of our relic display and post it some time before Mayfest, Inspector. I am starting a new thread now with my finds from yesterday's hunt there... and a short one today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread