those are some nice pics. mother nature can amaze you with her ways some times

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that near Ford Lake? One of my wonderful memories of growing up in Michigan as a child was our weekend getaways as we call them in Michigan "up north" were the serine sunsets in Ludington and Higgins Lake and the music of Bob Seger

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
These pics were taken at Newburgh Lake in Livonia Mich. It is a Wayne County Park called Edward Hines Park. The lake is on the corner of Edward Hines drive and Newburgh road.......NGE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you fished for walleyes in Newburgh, it had to have been within the last 8 years, because after the lake was drained and dredged, they restocked it with walleyes, Northern pike, yellow perch, crappie, bluegill, channel cats, muskie (only 25), hybrid largemouths (cross breed of small and large mouth), sunfish. The walleye did not fair very well, we think the pike ate them. I currently hold the record of the largest pike caught there, 43 inches, 25lbs. caught on a 6 inch bluegill. 17 witnesses watched me catch and release the critter. The pike are averaging 36 inches this year so far. Lots of 5 lb. plus bass in there. The ban on eating fish from the lake was removed in 2006. I have seen 27lb. cats taken from there, with the average being 7 to 8 lbs. The average perch size is 7 to 8 inches with a few reaching 14 to 16 inches, I have caught a few gills and sunfish up to 1 lb. This is what I do when my knees hurt too much to hunt.....NGE Oh, and I also take pics

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ohhh, don't get me started on pike fishing! I can remember smelt dippin in pointe peelie and we would come home with sack fulls of those tasty critters. We ate most of em but, The big ones? We froze em and when we would go ice fishing. We would put them on the tip ups. Maaaan, I've still got a mark on my thumb where this pike decided to rip off about 10 yards of line from my hand. It wraped around my thumb mate and cut it to the bone! I'll never forget that. We got him though. good times!

Attachments

• thumbnailCAJO5JQ9.jpg
    thumbnailCAJO5JQ9.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to tell ya, the kids occaisionally catch large golden shiners, they ask me, "what kind of fish are these?" I tell them "Pike bait" and they give them to me ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That, Is hillarious! I probably shouldn't say this but we used to catch big perch. I mean eaters! We would take a pair of scissors and cut the "sharp" part of the top fins off and one of the bottoms so he would swim real funny you know?We would then put a big ole treble hook in him. Put a bobber on the size of your head and wait..........Pike candy! lol I said used to!~

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When I caught that big pike, one of the witnesses was a Game Warden who was watching (hidden) in the trees along the side of the dock I was on, He came up to me and asked what I was using for bait, I told him, live bait. Big 'ol gill. He said okay and left. I knew he was checkin' to see if I cut the bait in some way. ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, NGE, That looks like a nice peaseful place to relax and enjoy nature. That Hines Park you
mentioned; is that the same that Channel 4 is always talking about flooding?

Nice picks , enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks for sharing

Ray

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used