🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess where I went...yup, Old Faithful lol. Found the sweet spot on my Etrac too! Because of mineralization, the amount of iron and a couple other factors, it took a long time to figure out which settings will work best for this spot. Aside from clean sites and the beach, I am locking these settings in! I went over this exact spot countless times in Auto +3 and manual 20. Auto wasn't deep enough and manual 20 was falsing so bad off the ground and iron that I must have walked right over these. Manual 18, TTF, open screen, deep off, fast on, variability 29, threshold 15, pinpoint sizing and as always, super slow. I dug about 25 targets out of there today! Only three keepers, aside from 4 1940's-50's pennies. My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the Victorian change purse at the bottom of the hole! Nothing else around tho :( Then the tiny buckle. I have found a bunch of them. What were they used for? Then came the other buckle. Not sure if it's a shoe buckle, belt, sash, knee...I dunno. Gonna have to look that one up. Still has an eyelet around the pin. Please chime in if you can. As always, thanks for looking and HH!

Upvote 6

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice! Thanks for sharing...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace-great finds..I always enjoy dragging that old brass out of the hole..has that smooth finish with some green patina thrown in..I always wonder who took the time to hand-form these pieces, with the skill and craftsmanship it took to create them. Cool stuff..thanks for sharing..ddf

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sounds like you are getting the most out of your machine, it must be very encouraging to go back over those places and find stuff that you weren't able to before. that's encouraging to guys like me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread