a find i didnt know i had!

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this piece the other day, I picked it up thinking it was a cool little rock. (I love saving pieces cool flakes or strange looking rocks) anyway I tossed it in my box of scrap. I'm also an artist and one day I would love to take all the flakes and chips and make some sort of collage out of them. So on my way to work this morning I was looking a different flakes and realized this peice. I kept flipping it over in my hand and looking at it more closely and to my surprise it seem to be a point! It was like finding it all over again super exciting and I had to share! Never seen one like it before!

ForumRunner_20120601_083800.png

ForumRunner_20120601_083818.png

ForumRunner_20120601_083830.png

Johnathan Griswold

Upvote 0

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a lot of rain tonight so ill be stomping all weekend whoop whoop!

Johnathan Griswold

Still check if its iridescent. Isn't that different than just the "prism effect"?...Also, when I asked a Jeweler to check something for me he said he will only check "Cut" gems and said I had to go to a Gemologist.

One "find" I had checked turned out not to be Diamond Or Crystal but was told it was a "Fulgurite"....I was told its pretty rare to find since its made from Lightening hitting the Earth. (So basically Glass, but Cool Glass)...:) So, like I said, You never know unless you check it out.

Good Luck...its still nice no matter what,

MinerGirl

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they plan different crops each year this year is sweet potatoes but mainly tobacco around here..... its really sandy soil

Johnathan Griswold

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinerGirl said:
Still check if its iridescent. Isn't that different than just the "prism effect"?...Also, when I asked a Jeweler to check something for me he said he will only check "Cut" gems and said I had to go to a Gemologist.

One "find" I had checked turned out not to be Diamond Or Crystal but was told it was a "Fulgurite"....I was told its pretty rare to find since its made from Lightening hitting the Earth. (So basically Glass, but Cool Glass)...:) So, like I said, You never know unless you check it out.

MinerGirl

Thanks! I have to say its one of my favorites at the moment!

Johnathan Griswold

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinerGirl said:

MinerGirl
Is it true about diamonds cutting glass? Could I try that?

Johnathan Griswold

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Johnathan,

I just saw this post. Actually many things will cut glass so it wouldn't tell you much if it does. the MOHS scale for "hardness" is 1-10..Diamonds are a 10...Glass is between 5.5---7....many things fall between 6-9 so lots of things will cut glass...

I'd just take it to a jeweler...hope he won't tell you its "Glass"...maybe quartz...just will hope for Diamond...:)...Good Luck

MinerGirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread