xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out this weekend for a few hrs. First the Silver Bandit and I hunted an area in front of a church that is about to be renovated or demolished. It had a cornerstone marked 1925 so it had potential. I think I found this ring on my first hole. It rang up as silver and looked silver but I was kind of doubting it because it had a plastic kids ring attached to it and it looked like it was home made This morning I cleaned it up and the wire it was made of was stamped 925 Mexico. It's nice to see that confirmation on it. Jewelry doesn't interest me too much but I barely ever find any good jewelry so I take this as a win. We each found a couple Wheaties and moved on. The next spot was an old park that has had some good finds but is super trashy. We worked it for a couple hrs and we each found a bunch of wheaties. It was so close I could taste the silver. My time ran out and I had to leave with no silver. On my last hole I spied a clay pipe stem fragment on the surface. The cigarette butts of yesteryear. The bandit hadn't found anything to speak of either yet as he worked his way to the car he found two barbers a rosie and silver religious pendant! Some guys have all the luck. It was great to get out in the sun and dig a few holes. I need some new spots!

Attachments

• IMG_7761.JPG
    IMG_7761.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 10

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tough break when your partner scores the better finds, but at least you got out, had some fun, and shared some good company. I am running out of spots too, and this pandemic doesn't make things any easier. Good luck out there.

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty odd finding a pipe stem like that on a circa 1925 church site. The pipe stem is mid 19th century at the latest.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver is silver, I'll call it a win- Congrats!

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver ring. That pipe stem is a nice piece of yesteryear also. I find a lot of those when hunting the fields.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no bad silver. Nice find! I've never found a pipe stem like that. Pretty cool!

You kind of have to have an eye for them. In this case it looked like a cigarette butt but I've been spotting them long enough that I investigated further and picked it up.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty odd finding a pipe stem like that on a circa 1925 church site. The pipe stem is mid 19th century at the latest.

The pipe stem was from a park that's been used since the 1800's. In a city like Boston all the land has been used at some point so it could make sense to find at a 1925 church as well.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough break when your partner scores the better finds, but at least you got out, had some fun, and shared some good company. I am running out of spots too, and this pandemic doesn't make things any easier. Good luck out there.

My buddy is better than me but he also has incredible luck. I've seen it again and again. Sometimes it bugs me bad and other times I just accept it. haha.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a successful hunt cool looking ring. anytime I find anything worth keeping its a good hunt in my book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread